Friday, March 9, 2012

Lemon Citrus

As you must know by now, I've been obsessed with browsing and buying on Etsy.com So here's another brand I happened to stumble across. Also, the packaging the balms came in was SO cute that I had to take pictures of it and every step of me opening it. You can really tell a lot of love and care went into packaging and creating these balms.
Look at how cute this is! The tag had my name on it, so I flipped
it over just to protect my identity I suppose. 
So cute that the package was sealed with this tape and hearts.


Company: Lemon Citrus

Flavors: Sugar Plum, Honeycrisp Apple, Asian Pear, Sweet Potato, Pineapple Coconut, and Chocolate Banana. I chose flavors that I don't usually pick; normally I'm a citrus-y kinda girl and didn't pick any of those this time. I had very high expectations for these new flavors. The Sugar Plum has a very fragrant, sweet scent. There's something lingering behind it though, I can't quite put my finger on it. The Honeycrisp Apple smells very perfume-like with a light, faint scent of apple. The Asian Pear smells more like a granny smith apple with a dash of pear in it.(I still haven't found the perfect Asian Pear balm, if anyone has a recommendation for a good one, please let me know!). The Chocolate Banana smells JUST like a banana split sundae, smells a little nutty too. I think maybe I just associate nuts with banana because I always think my banana balms smell a little nutty..hmm. The Pineapple Coconut has a lot of pineapple in it, I can't smell the coconut so much but it's still pleasant. The Sweet Potato was definitely a gamble. I wanted to try a flavor I had never even seen before in lip balm, I was expecting something very unique and pretty much just bought this out of my curiosity. It smells just like raw sweet potato, I was expecting something sweeter like the sweet potatoes you eat at Thanksgiving that are baked and a little sweetened with brown sugar. All of these balms are really fragrant and are only scented and not flavored or sweetened. When I put them on though I don't even get the faint idea that I'm tasting something like I usually do with scented balms.

Wear: These balms go on very smooth, they aren't the smoothest ones I have but they are pretty smooth. They last at least an hour and a half. They make my lips feel pretty smooth. I find when I inhale deeply with my mouth open and wearing these balms I get a strange feeling on my lips. It's a little weird to describe but it's very similar to what happened when I tried the e.l.f. therapeutic conditioning balm.

Packaging: I LOVE this packaging. I was instantly drawn into these balms because of the way they look. They are your average sized lip balm tube, clear with colored labels designed to match the said flavor. They've got a cute script on the label stating what the flavor is.

Price: $3.50 plus shipping. The perfect price for a natural, handmade balm.

Overall:
Pros: Variety of flavors, packaging, price, application
Cons: I wish there had been a little flavor to them

Rating: 3.5 out of 5, I had really high expectations for this balm but I feel like I was a little disappointed. I haven't found myself using these balms much, other than for the purpose of this review. But, it could also be because I've bought so many balms the last two weeks that I just haven't had time to work them into daily use. I bought two other balms that should be arriving next week, they're citrus-y so hopefully I'll like them better. If you like a strictly scented balm, these are probably the ones for you!

6 comments:

  1. I tried these also, but I had a similar experience. They weren't bad...they just weren't as good as I expected. In addition, they seem to make my lips burn and dry out a little bit if I use them exclusively for a day or so. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who expected more. There's just something about them that made me think they weren't the absolute best balms. I also noticed a little dryness after the balm is not on my lips anymore. But, I've never had my lips burn after using a lip balm, that's so strange!

      Delete
  2. I so agree! So agree! I wanted to love this and I just didn't. I bought about 6, was super excited.....and then they got here. Not sticky going on, but just heavy on my lips. I ended up wiping it off half the tIme. Plus the smells were all super sweet. I gave the rest away and definitely won't buy more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so strange that many people are having the same experience with these balms when I read so many reviews on Etsy.com about how awesome these balms were. I also found myself wiping off the balm at times, just to put on a different brand of lip balm. I hate when you want to love something so much and you find it impossible to do so, especially when it comes to lip balm!

      Delete
  3. I buy lip balms from this Etsy store at least every other month. What made me want to buy from this store in the first place is the feedback she has from the other buyers and I have to say when I got her lip balms, I wasn't dissapointed at all. I love her lip balms and don't have the bad experience you guys are having. The lip balms goes on very smooth, her customer service is fantastic. there was a mistake with one of my orders one time(owner sent me the wrong flavor) and the owner of the store was very quick to replace the package and even given me a refund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a very good experience with this seller; gotta love someone who knows what good customer service is. I'm not saying these balms are really terrible, just that, in comparison with the other balms in my collection, they weren't as good. Thank you so much for your input, I love seeing someone else's perspective on the balm.

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...