Thursday, April 12, 2012

Aloe Up: Passion Fruit

Here comes another review on a balm I picked up while in Los Angeles (I told you guys I picked up a ton of new balms while I was there). We were spending a day at Huntington Beach and went into every surf shop trying to find my boyfriend a new hat. Of course, knowing these were surf shops, I was on the prowl for new balm. I came across tons of balms you don't find in your usual stores but, thanks to a dear friend of mine who brings me balm every time she goes on vacation, I already had most of them! Fortunately, I found one balm that had yet to claim a spot in my collection.

Company: Aloe Up

Flavors: Passion Fruit. This is an amazingly scented balm! It's sweet and fruity, everything I look for in a Passion Fruit balm. It's dead on and fabulous. They also carry Citrus and Natural flavors.

Wear: Unfortunately, this balm does not go on smooth, at all! I had to really force it onto my lips and felt like it was really just pulling my lips with it and leaving nothing behind. I was getting frustrated with how long it was taking just to get a good application of it, usually with other balms I'm on my 2nd or 3rd round of application by the time I finally got some of this on my lips. It has SPF 15 which was great for being at the beach and in the sun during my trip, however after about 30-45 minutes I felt that the balm was already gone from my lips and my lips felt somewhat drier after the balm had gone than before I had put it on.

Packaging: An average sized lip balm tube that is pink colored (to match the flavor, I'm assuming). In the background of the label are aloe leaves that are colored pink. A big portion of the label says the flavor and company name. Nothing crazy fancy with the packaging.

Price: I paid $2.99 I believe, but online they sell it for $2.39. Not too bad for a balm

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, SPF, Price, Packaging
Cons: Wear, Not long lasting

Rating: 1.5 out of 5 twists. The flavor and everything was great, but if it's too difficult to put on...I'm not going to like it very much. I don't think I would purchase another balm from this company in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...