Thursday, May 17, 2012

H&M Lip Balm

Last week I spent all of Tuesday with L to celebrate her birthday. Our usual birthday celebrations include shopping downtown, going to Flattop, and walking forever around the city. When we were waiting in the check out line at H&M I happened to glace at their "impulse" section. I usually don't even look because it's always like bangles, umbrellas, socks, and hair ties. But this time something caught my eye. Lip balm? In H&M? Weird! It didn't really bother me that it was lip balm in a pot, usually I stay away from these, but I picked up two just to check them out. Here's the verdict:







































Company: H&M

Flavors: Coconut Mango and Ginger Lime. The Coconut Mango is a very nice tropical scent and is a perfect blend of both fruits. It's very lightly scented which is nice. There's not much to say about these flavors. The Ginger Lime is more on the lime side but it is very light which I LOVE since I have a problem with balms being way too limey. I also have had a hard time with balms being too gingery but this is a very nice combination of both. These balms are very lightly scented.

Wear: It's a pot so it really depends on how much you put on and how you scoop up your balm. To me this balm is pretty thin going on and I feel like I need to dip my finger back into it several times to get proper coverage. Maybe I'm just not used to these pots of balm. It makes my lips slightly shiny.

Packaging: The balms are kept in pots and the pots are SO cute. They're perfect for summer; they have cute little patterns on it with very bright colors that remind me of summer. It's a very feminine and adorable package. Of course I don't like pots so I'm a bit biased. I'm just way too conscious about germs and I have to sanitize my hands before hand every time I want to use it.

Price: $2.95 which isn't too bad since the weight of the balm is over twice as much as you'd get in a stick, but of course it is harder to put on. But if you like pots and use them frequently that's a pretty darn good price.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Packaging, Price
Cons: Application (of course I wish it was in a stick, I just don't like pots)

Rating: 3 out of 5 twists; these balms aren't awful but because their in pots they're obviously not my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. I don't like the pots either, although the slide top tins bring back middle school memories of when everyone had them, and everyone tried to get as many 'flavors' as they could. (No, I wasn't one of them. lol)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't see why people like those pots! I feel like they're just pools of germs, maybe it's because I'm such a germaphobe ^_^.

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  2. I would love to see the ingredients listed in your reviews. I guess as a lip balm-maker I am kinda obsessed with that :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to start including ingredients in my reviews. And hopefully I will be reviewing your balms soon as well! Thanks for checkin' out my blog!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...