Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Savannah Bee Company

About a week and a half ago my boyfriend and I went on a walk to find some more plants for my little herb garden I've got growing out on my deck. This walk of course included a stop at Whole Foods along the way (where I did happen to find three plants I wanted). I love that every once in a while the lip balm selection at Whole Foods shifts; not to mention there's a killer selection every time I go to one. Anyway, it was a hot day and I hadn't picked up new lip balm in a while, so I picked up two. I've been using them like CRAZY while on vacation in Florida, for some reason our room is SUPER dry and I've had cracked lips this whole trip (and my love's had more than a handful of nose bleeds unfortunately...is that too much information?). Anyway, I hope I'm not too biased in this review on these balms because of how dry my lips are despite my frequent use of this lip balm.

I hope you don't mind the pictures, I figured since the sun finally poked its head out today I'd make use of it. I'm actually super impressed by how these pictures turned out with my camera.



Company: Savannah Bee Company

Flavors: Mint Julep and Earl Grey Tea. Both of these flavors are awesome! The Mint Julep is awesome, a nice blend of both peppermint and spearmint. It's super strong in scent (from about four feet away you can definitely smell mint in the air). If you love mint, you'll like this. It's slightly tingly and that's probably what I love about mint balms. As for the Earl Grey Tea, I still have never had a cup of Earl Grey Tea but my boyfriend says that it DEFINITELY smells like it. It's not very strong in scent but it doesn't leave you guessing for what flavor it could possibly be. It's a nice, light flavor that I really enjoy. If you're not into super strong scents, this may be the one for you. I believe they also carried Tupelo Honey, but I'm not a huge fan of honey so I didn't pick that one up. I'm assuming it would be great since the company is huge for specialty honeys! (Perhaps I should have bought the Honey flavor..hmm..).

Wear: These go on super smooth! I love that a lot of pressure is not needed to get these balms to go on. I have a cut on the inside of my lip from biting it so many times, I swear I feel like I am the only person who can bite their lips and tongue repeatedly in one sitting. So of course this whole week when I tried to put on balm, I was trying to avoid putting any pressure on this part of my lip and these balms really helped minimize the discomfort. I can't tell exactly how long they last since I've been using them this week in the SUPER hot Florida weather and the dry air in this room; neither of these factors allows for an accurate measurement of duration. So far they've been lasting close to an hour before I need to reapply, but I'm assuming under normative or ideal conditions these balms would last longer.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized tube with labels that have colors that match the flavors. There's something very "homey" and "old-timey" about these labels. They remind me of the South? Maybe. I don't know exactly what these labels remind me of, but they're cute and simple.

Price: I think I paid about $3. This was great for a natural and certified organic balm that was pretty good quality.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Application, Packaging, Price
Cons: Nothin'!

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. These were pretty fabulous balms and they have certainly been my go-to balms the last week or so. If you see these, I'd probably pick up one just to try. You won't be let down, especially if you pick up Mint Julep and you're a mint fan like myself.

Ingredients: beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, extra virgin olive oil, cocoa seed butter, sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grape seed oil, hemp seed oil, peppermint oil, spearmint oil, lavender oil.

Have you guys ever tried this company, whether for their lip balms or their honey?

4 comments:

  1. Hello. You were one of the winners on my blog (It's Always Something), so if you could email me as soon as you have a chance, that would be great. There is a 'contact me' button on my blog.

    Thanks, and congrats!
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I just sent you an e-mail, let me know if you didn't receive it.

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  2. Yes! Their honeys are fabulous--if you like honey. I especially like their Orange Blossom, the White Winter, and the Acacia Honey. I use them in recipes, for sweetener, and sometimes just right off the spoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their honeys sound so fancy and delicious, I'm not a honey fan myself but they do seem tempting! Thank you for sharing, I will definitely look into checking out their honey =).

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...