Monday, March 10, 2014

Tom Jack's

So I've been trying to branch out to new and different lip balm companies, this is one of the first ones that caught my eye. I've had them for a while now and I'm so excited to tell you about them!

Company: Tom Jack's

Flavors: Citrus, Cocoa Mint, and Birch Beer. The Citrus smells like a bright combination of lemon and lime in my opinion. I thought it would be more like orange, but I actually like this combination of scents! It has a sweet, slightly sour scent and it's just wonderful! The first scent I get when I smell the Cocoa Mint is cool, tingly peppermint; it's so refreshing! Then there's a lovely scent of milk chocolate. It's a pretty refreshing take on a mint chocolate balm since the mint is the first thing I smell. I've never tried a Birch Beer balm before (or birch beer for that matter), but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It reminds me of when I was in band and the lubricant we used on some of our instruments (I played clarinet). I actually liked the scent of that so this is wonderful! Rob thinks this smells like winter/spearmint. I can't say if this smells like real birch beer or not, but this does smell good!

Wear: The Citrus and Cocoa Mint come in tins and I feel like I have to dip into the tin multiple times to get enough product onto my lips, so the consistency may be a little thin out of the tin. The Birch Beer came in a tube and it goes on smooth and even, the consistency is a little thin, but I don't feel like I need to put more on.

Packaging: Like I said, two of these come in tins and one came in a tube. The design is kind of upscale, but rustic at the same time...if that makes sense. I like that it looks like something you'd find in an apothecary of sorts.

Price: The tins are $3.50 and the tubes are $2.25, both prices are definitely reasonable!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. These balms were pretty good! I keep one tin in my makeup bag at all times to wear under lipstick. I was glad I was able to try balms from a shop I've never tried before!

Ingredients:
Cocoa Mint-Cocoa Butter, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Chocolate, Essential Oil
Citrus and Birch Beer-Beeswax, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Essential Oil

Have you tried Tom Jack's balms before? What did you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. I miss your reviews, hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina for your glowing review! I am Jackson Dunn, co-founder of TomJacks. Due to business reasons we are not currently making the lip balm, but look for them to reappear in the future!
    Sincerely,

    Jackson Dunn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...