Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lip Love Natural Lip Balm

I have to admit, I had never purchased anything from Etsy.com until the last couple months. In December, I think, was the first time I had considered checking Etsy.com for lip balm. And one of the first brands I came across was this one. I don't know why I was always so hesitant about ordering from Etsy, perhaps it was because I knew I'd be opening Pandora's box and be ever so consumed in buying and trying new balms. It took me a while before I actually decided to purchase from this company and a while for me to actually write up a review, so let's get to it now shall we?

Company: Lip Love

Flavors: Pineapple Tangerine, Black Raspberry, Lemon Drop, and Mint Truffle. The Pineapple Tangerine is dead on blend of sweet tangerine and tangy pineapple.If I breathe the scent in for too long it becomes a little overwhelming but then again I'm sure most people don't inhale the scent for 30 seconds or more in one sitting. The Black Raspberry is an interesting scent, I'm not sure what an actual black raspberry smells like but I'm going off of my Black Raspberry Vanilla cream from Bath and Body Works. It's hard to describe what it smells like, it's very perfume like. I'm not sure if I like it too much. Obviously I was going to buy the Lemon Drop as a good "flavor" point, something easily comparable to other lemon balms in my collection. I was a little disappointed, this smelled not exactly like lemon in my opinion. My best description of it would be a sour citrus scent with a little overwhelming scent of a medicated/menthol balm. The Mint Truffle is pretty dead on chocolate and mint combination. It is probably the strongest scented of the bunch. I smell a little bit of nuttiness as well. I wasn't particularly fond of really any of these, there was something about them that just didn't work for me. These balms also have natural sweetener in them but I found myself really trying to avoid licking my lips because it just wasn't good tasting to me.

Wear: The balms go on very smooth, it goes on a bit thin but it covers well so a little goes a long way. They last close to two hours which is pretty good.

Packaging: These are your average sized lip balm tubes with colored labels coordinated to the indicated flavors. The labels are paper labels but I just took off the plastic casing in such a way that it remained on the bottom part and only got removed from the cap of the tube.

Price: $3.25 a tube, not too bad for a natural, handmade lip balm.

Overall:
Pros: Price, Variety of flavors, packaging, wear
Cons: Something funky about the flavors

Rating: I'd give these balms a 2.5 out of 5. There was something I just didn't like about the balms, some were menthol-y, some I just didn't like. It was worth a shot, but I don't think I'll be purchasing again.

2 comments:

  1. I just got an order from this company. I got Earl Grey Tea, Juicy Watermelon and Mango Peach. I really like them but I'm not a huge fan of Earl Grey Tea. It just smelled weird to me, and different from other balms in the same scent. I like the way they feel too. I admit they aren't my favorite from Etsy but I'm really loving the Mango Peach. Very refreshing. I would possibly try more scents from this shop. The 3 for $8 is a good deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the new flavors are better than her old flavors. Did it seem like yours had a ton of menthol in them? The Mango Peach sounds delicious! And you really can't beat that price! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...