Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yay! This blog is 4 months old!

I just wanted to post and say a giant THANK YOU to all of my readers. In the last month the views on my blog has shot up over 2,400 views! The last three months had been exactly 1,000 views a month. I don't know what happened this past month but I'm glad it did!

I'm glad so many of you find my blog entertaining. It also makes me SO happy that so many of you decide to write me, either by commenting on posts or e-mailing me. I really appreciate it. I love any and all reader input.

When I started this blog 4 months ago, it was just an idea that popped into my head and that I talked over with my boyfriend. I intended to actually start it the 1st of January of this year, but because I was driving back and forth in a car from San Francisco to Los Angeles (we were looking at apartments which also took away any time to start by my deadline)...it wasn't exactly possible. It's because of my boyfriend that I'm called The Chapstick Wrangler. When I was trying to think of ideas of what to name my blog, he just looked at me and said "You're The Chapstick Wrangler!" And thus, the name and blog was born.

Within the first 4 days or so I had gotten up to 35 views (half of which were probably from my boyfriend, his mom, and myself on our various devices). We...I...never, EVER thought my blog would get more than MAYBE 50 views. My writing is poor, my stories are long, I ramble a lot and where am I to tell others what a good or bad balm is? Then I reminded myself that I had (at the time) a collection of lip balm greater than 150 tubes (it's closer to about 300 now) and possibly knew a thing or two about lip balm.

With all that being said, I just want to say thank you once again for reading. Without readers, this blog would go unread and my motivation to keep it going would be long gone. Thank you, also, for giving me a good excuse for having such a large collection of balm.

I would love to hear any recommendations that would make this blog better, what you like about the blog, and what brands you've tried that I've reviewed and what you think of them.

--The Chapstick Wrangler

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I enjoy your blog because I like seeing all the different lip balms that I might never know about otherwise.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I'm glad I can provide you an outlet for perusing new balms!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I love your blog because I also have a bit :) of a lip balm addiction, and it seems like we have similar "tastes" (Orange Thyme...swoooon). I use your reviews to help keep my habit in check...if you don't like it, I don't buy it (most of the time - there are some I've just been too curious about for too long). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I'm not the only one completely in love with Orange Thyme balms. I'd love to hear of some balms that you are fond of.

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog today and so glad I did - I am such a lip balm addict! But I gotta say, WOW, never thought I'd find someone who has more lip balm than me! I think my collection is getting near the 200s...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Alyssa! And welcome to the blog! I'm glad you found it as well =). The 200s?! That is quite the accomplishment, I should know ;). It's a danger zone once you get past 200, I didn't even know what was happening before I realized my collection was getting close to 300!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...