Thursday, September 19, 2013

Suzy's Scent Shop Part II

This week seems to be all about Part II's on shops I've previously tried, I didn't plan it that way, I swear! I don't know if you remember, but about a month or so ago, Suzy from Suzy's Scent Shop was kind enough to send me some lip balms to cheer me up after my dog passed away. She is seriously such a sweet gal and so thoughtful! I thought I might share with you the balms that she was so kind to send me.

Company: Suzy's Scent Shop

Flavors: Huckleberry Heaven, Buttercream, Prickly Pear, Summer Picnic, Bubble Gum, and Almond. The Huckleberry Heaven smells of rich, ripe huckleberries, the scent is so deep and intoxicating, I kind of just want to inhale the scent all day (in case you're confused, it smells amazing). The Buttercream smells of luscious, rich buttercream frosting. It's serious yummy scent. The Prickly Pear was one I had been swooning over for a while, and it did not disappoint! It's so hard to describe what prickly pear smells like unless you've had it before or used a prickly pear lip balm before. It smells of pear, but a sweeter, more candy-like pear. It smells SO good. As I said on Monday, the Summer Picnic is a perfect blend of blueberries and juicy watermelon. This combination smells exactly how you think a summer picnic should smell. The Bubblegum smells just like the sugary, pink candy. It really makes me wish I had a pack of Hubba Bubba or that pink Bubble Tape that my sisters and I used to devour when we were younger. The Almond smells just like almonds, sweet and nutty and pretty intoxicating. It's strong without being overbearing, I've found that most of my almond balms are pretty strong in scent.

Wear: These balms go on nice and smooth. They really do just glide right on. They're creamy without being too soft and they go on smooth without being too oily. Two swipes on top and two on bottom and you've got great coverage. These feel like they go on a little thinner than other balms, but without losing any of the protection you love. Does that make sense?

Packaging: These come in oval tubes, each with it's own artfully designed label. Each label has a different background, but the placement of the name of the balm and the shop's name and ingredients is the same. These balms are bright and cheery and fun to look at, they were exactly what I needed to see after all the chaos of July.

Price: $3.75 per tube which is a heck of a deal!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, Suzy
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. These balms are pretty wonderful and Suzy's shop is pretty new, so if you haven't heard of her balms, maybe you should go on over and check them out.

Ingredients: Kokum Butter, Candelilla Wax, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil, Apricot Kernal Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Flavoring

Have you checked out Suzy's balms before? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...