Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Softlips Organic Collection

I am about to be extremely angry. I have written this review THREE times to post only for my computer to shut down once and my draft get saved TWICE and then erased for no reason TWICE! Someone really does NOT want me to post this review! Ugh! After such a LONG delay, here it is!

The newer labels are the ones that are more
vibrant (orange and green, Papaya and
Peppermint, respectively). I love those new labels!
Company: Softlips

Flavors: Honeydew, Pomegranate, Acai Berry, Papaya, and Peppermint. The Honeydew is not like honeydew at all, its one of my favorite fruits and I was really looking forward to this balm but I was highly disappointed. I can't even describe what it's like. It doesn't even seem like a fruit to me. The Pomegranate is a little more accurate, it's a tart scented balm but still no real hint of sweet or anything amazing. The Acai Berry is the best scented of these three, it's clearly an exotic berry of some sort but I have nothing really to compare it to since I've never eaten an Acai Berry and I don't have any other balms that are Acai flavored. The Papaya is AMAZING. Definitely one everyone should try. I do NOT like papaya the fruit (unless it is dried) but oddly enough I love this Papaya balm. It is sweet, fruity, and just all around amazing. The Peppermint is also just PHENOMENAL. It's very minty and cool and tingly to the lips. Love these two!

Wear: Very smooth, as is typical with Softlips balms. Since the tubes are smaller in diameter than your average tube of lip balm, a couple more applications are necessary but totally not a hassle to do so.

Packaging: Those cute, thing, white tubes that I love so much. I don't know what it is about them but I love these little guys.

Price: Around $3 which isn't bad for an all natural, organic balm. Some places have it a little closer to $4 or a little over, like Walgreens or CVS but those places usually have more expensive balms.

Overall:
Pros: Variety of flavors, price, packaging, wear
Cons: Some flavors are not very accurate/pleasant

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 twists for the entire collection. For Papaya and Peppermint alone, 5 out of 5 twists, must haves!

Have you ever tried these balms? What did you think of them?

6 comments:

  1. I have not tried these in particular but I did try one of the slightly tinted one a while ago and didn't care much for it. Seemed like it didn't do anything and I had to keep reapplying it. Maybe it was just that type though?

    If I see these I might have to try one. :)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel like I need to reapply these more often, they go on a bit thin so it may not just be that balm.

      But if you do try one of these please let me know what you think!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried these particular flavors but I do love my vanilla Softlips! The Coconut Cream flavor is pretty amazing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of those flavors as well! The Coconut Cream is phenomenal. Have you tried the Peach Mango one? That one is awesome!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  3. Where did you get all your softlips?? My cvs only carries vanilla, cherry, shimmer, and pearl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my Softlips at Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart. I have to go to TONS of different stores to find all the flavors. One day I went to maybe four or five different drug stores in order to find Wildberry alone. Make sure to check the cold and flu sections of your stores as well as the end of the aisles in the pharmacy or beauty sections. Hope that helps!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...