Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss

I know I never, ever write reviews on lip gloss. I hardly ever use it but do buy it every so often. I'm sucker for Bath and Body Works so occasionally their lip gloss sucks me in. I'm not sure how many of you are lip gloss users or how many of you absolutely despise the stuff, but I thought it may be nice to switch things up a bit. Especially with their Semi-Annual Sale coming up, it may be good to know what to try and what to avoid if you plan on checking it out. I also have a couple other of their glosses coming in the mail since I couldn't find them anywhere in store the last couple times I've checked (here in Florida as well as back home).

Do you like how I picked tropical glosses and have the palm
tree in the background? Totally was not planned...I swear!
Company: Bath and Body Works: Liplicious

Flavors: Mango Martini, Mango Tango, and Jungle Guava. I was obviously going for a tropical theme when I picked up these balms (well I had input from my boyfriend and our best friend--yes shared best friend--who were both having WAY too much fun this time in the store). BBW used to carry this lip gloss called Mango Mai Tai, I believe, and I was absolutely OBSESSED with it. I used it all the time! Then I stopped going there for a while and never realized they were discontinuing it =(. Anyway, basically I am always on the search for a new mango lip gloss. ANYWAY...Mango Martini is clearly a fruity scent, I'm not sure if it's very mango-y but there's definitely some fruit mixed with a little something else. It's pleasant but not exactly what I was looking for (but I liked it enough to buy it). The Mango Tango is sweeter than the Mango Martini and I think it's my favorite of the bunch. It's very fruity and sweet. I've never had a guava before so I'm not quite sure what they're like but the Jungle Guava gloss is definitely not as fruity or sweet as the other two. I can't quite describe it properly, which is unfortunate, but it's probably my least favorite of the group.

Wear: These glosses obviously go on smooth because...well they're glosses! These one's aren't sticky like most glosses which is great because I really hate when it's super sticky, I just end up wiping it all off which voids the point in purchasing or buying them. The two mango glosses go on sheer and provide a nice shine to my lips. The Jungle Guava has a slight color but not much, it could be in my head also. All of the glosses have little sparkles in them as well, but I don't notice them when I wear the gloss.

Packaging: Typical lip gloss tubes; a squeeze tube with a cap. They have designs on them that are characteristic of the line of gloss or of the flavor which is cute and is appealing to the eye.

Price: Jungle Guava was $8. Mango Tango and Mango Martini were $7.50 each. I bought them at buy 2, get 1 free so it wasn't so bad...still more than I'd like to pay though. I wish these glosses were like $4 or 5 before any specials.

Overall:
Pros: Variety of flavors, wear, packaging
Cons: Price

Rating: 3 out of 5 squeezes; these glosses do what they're meant to do...make my lips glossy and shiny and be fruity at the same time. I just hate the price for an individual tube. I do like that they rotate flavors pretty quickly as well as keeping a ton of "staples", so if you don't like one season's line of glosses there's always the following season.

Now my question for you guys is, do you like lip gloss or avoid the stuff like the plague?

2 comments:

  1. Not sure. On one hand, I think it's nice if I want to look a bit nicer on occasion, but I'm way too freaked out by the ton of chemicals in lip gloss that I'm accidentally swallowing as I go about my day. =\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you there, Chelsey. The crazy amount of chemicals that goes into just ONE tube of Liplicious lip gloss is crazy! I only purchase them once in a while and use them very sparingly. Thank you for your input!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...