Thursday, March 1, 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips

Thank you Emily for requesting this review! As per request I'll be reviewing Maybelline's Baby Lips. I love Maybelline products and I love lip balm and occasionally some lip tint so I figured why not buy some of these to encompass three things that I love? It's a little harder to categorize these balms the usual way I categorize them (i.e. flavors, wear, etc) because of the color component but I'll try my best!

Company: Maybelline

Flavors: Pink Punch, Peach Kiss, and Cherry Me. My favorite out of the three is Cherry Me, it smells just like a cherry sweet tart, those candies I ate when I was a child. It smells like a sweet candy and provides a light shade of red. The next would be Peach Kiss, it smells like a subtle hint of peach, but more like the really fake kind of peach and is a light peachy, sheer color. It's like a shimmery nude color. It adds a faint color on lips. The Pink Punch doesn't have too much of a scent at all, it's very very light. The color is supposed to be I'm assuming a brighter pink, surely more so than the Peach Kiss but to me it's just a light pink.

This is to demonstrate what the colors look like on my skin.
From  left  to right: Cherry Me, Peach Kiss, and Pink Punch.
These were done with two applications of the balms on my skin.
Wear They all go on very smooth so there isn't really any hassle with the application. For the Cherry flavor, the red color is somewhat buildable, you can create more red color just by applying more. I like it because it's not too outstanding of a red that I could wear on a regular basis. The peach is just a sheer color on the lips, it gives a subtle hint of nude/peach color but nothing tremendous. It gives a somewhat gold shimmer. I wear it just to give my lips a little something extra for more casual days. The Fruit Punch hardly shows up for me, it may be because I've got a darker complexion so a light pink won't show up but I didn't find any difference upon wearing this one. The fruit punch was more of an impulse buy than the other two. I believe they advertise 8 hours of protection but I don't really remember any of them lasting a substantial amount of time, perhaps an hour or so. Also, they aren't as shiny as shown in the picture. Lighting effects and the way colors show up on different computer screens affect the way the colors appear, this is just to give you somewhat of an idea as to what to expect.

Packaging: The packaging is cute, seems very child-like to me though. It's about the size of a tube of Nivea lip balm and has bases that are different colors for each flavor. Each tube has a clear cap that covers the whole tube with the words "Baby Lips" all over it. I'm not too impressed by the packaging but it does stand out in my lip color drawer. I'm not sure what audience they were trying to target.

Price: About $3 if you buy it at Walmart. Not a terrible price at all for a lip color/lip balm. It's much cheaper than a lip stick and about the same price as other lip balm that doubles as lip color.

Overall:
Pros: Price, application, variety of colors, packaging
Cons: Little difference using lip color

Rating: 3.5 out of 5. It's worth a shot if you've been curious about it, I'm sure the darker shades will show up the best out of all the flavors and if you have a lighter complexion I'm sure you'll have better results with the lighter shades. I'm also hoping to try Peppermint and Quenched which are more just balms than lip color.

7 comments:

  1. Looks so lovely!!! cute packaging!

    Please hop onto my blog and take part in all my giveaways!

    http://pinkcloudsz.blogspot.com/2012/02/cutest-iphone-covers-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much! I plan on getting "pink punch" next time i go to the store. And also if you don't already have this, i would reccomend buying Burt's Bees replenishing lip balm. It has a smooth application and has beeswax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Let me know in the future if there are any other reviews you would like to see, I'm so glad you asked for one! I will definitely try Burt's Bees replenishing lip blam, I'm not a huge fan of Burt's Bees for some reason but I will definitely give that one a shot. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I need to talk to the creater of baby lips.i have a plan....if its not already made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear about this plan! I'm not sure how you could talk to the creators of Baby Lips (Maybelline) but maybe e-mail the company?

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
    2. Okk..ill try to find their email

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...