Thursday, March 1, 2012

Orange Thyme

I apologize in advance if this entry is much longer than my usual ones. My love ended up ordering me 7 balms and then I bought 3 and then with each purchase there was 1 freebie so this review will be on 12 flavors of amazing lip balm. As I've been saying for a couple of weeks now, I'm obsessed with Etsy.com and especially now homemade/handmade lip balms. Handmade lip balms are so much better quality (from what I've experienced so far) than anything you can buy in stores, plus they come in a crazy amount of flavors that you wouldn't find anywhere else. Be prepared for tons of words and tons of pictures.

Look how cute they arrived, it was hard to
take pictures when all I wanted to do was
open those cute little bundles of lip balm.


Some of the balms listed in the review are missing because
 one was not sent with the others but I did receive it
 just two days later and with a freebie included.
Company: Orange Thyme

Flavors: Brace yourself. Toasted Coconut, Blueberry Lemon, Pomegranate Lemon, Lemon Creme (told you, I'm obsessed with Lemon right now!), Coconut Mango, Key Lime Pie, Lychee & Red Pear, Rhubarb Strawberry, Passion Fruit, Blood Orange (I'm kinda obsessed with this right now too) and the two freebies: Earl Grey Tea and Frozen Banana.
The Toasted Coconut came with a little tip on
top, still usable and still wonderful <3.
Toasted Coconut-It smells absolutely delicious, very light coconut but a lot toasty. Kind of reminds me of popcorn sometimes. I love this smell. It's absolutely delightful.
Blueberry Lemon-My first ever blueberry lip balm and I love it. It smells just like blueberry lemonade or a blueberry lemonade martini (the reason behind why I wanted to try this is because I had one a few weeks ago and LOVED it, yum!). It's not too much blueberry or too much lemon, a nice harmony between the two. Love.
Pomegranate Lemon-I was expecting a very bitter pomegranate like the few other pomegranate balms I have but I thought the lemon would be a nice complement to it. Boy, was I right! It smells like candy and summer time, very sweet and uplifting. It makes me instantly happy whenever I smell it.
The Lemon Creme came a little disfigured, but
I love it nonetheless =).
Lemon Creme-Very light lemony scent, but can definitely sense a light hint of vanilla or something to give it that creamy aroma. It's light and refreshing. Another fave!
Coconut Mango-I was really excited for a tropical balm, I LOVE mango and am always trying to find a perfect mango balm. I feel that the mango was overpowered in this balm by the coconut. There's a strong scent similar to the one found in the toasted coconut. It is a very decadent balm that's for sure. Occasionally I catch a light whiff of sweet mango which is very pleasant!
Key Lime Pie-I LOVE key lime pie and am always feeling a little daring when I come across one because I always want to buy it, hoping that it will be like my favorite dessert. I always find that the balms are too limey though and not enough creaminess that I find when I dig into a slice of Key Lime Pie. This balm was also very limey =(. Not as limey as the others but still more lime than I was hoping for. Still a delightful balm.
Lychee & Red Pear-I was really excited for this one, I LOVE lychee and never come across it anywhere, especially not in a balm. I didn't know what to expect since Lychee has such a light scent to it. This balm has a sweet, light, perfume-like scent to it. Not quite sure if it really captures lychee essence or not. I think I'm smelling more red pear in it. Either way it is a very light, delicate balm that I'll be wearing on the days I'm feeling a bit more girlish.
Rhubarb Strawberry-I did not know what to expect from this. My boyfriend really wanted me to get it because it was different and he said he liked Rhubarb Strawberry Pie. I didn't even know what Rhubarb was until I googled it, then I REALLY didn't know what to expect. This balm has a sweet, tart smell to it. I can definitely tell there's some strawberry in there and a hint of something extra (which I'm assuming is the rhubarb, but then again I've never had it before). It's wonderful! I was pleasantly surprised.
Passion Fruit-Companies always are a hit or miss with passion fruit I feel like. Sometimes I really love it, sometimes I really wish I hadn't purchased it. This one is somewhere in the middle. It is definitely a delicate, very fruity scent. It's a crisp scent. Very pleasant.
This was the balm that wasn't included with the rest initially,
blood orange, and the frozen banana was the freebie included.
The seller is so amazing with communication and sent it out
right away.
Blood Orange-Compared to the other blood orange I purchased from Firebird Bath & Body (found in my previous review), this one is much more typical orange than the characteristic scent of blood orange. Regardless it is a strong, citrus-y scent and I adore it! If you love citrus, you will love this! Very sweet!
Earl Grey Tea-Although I am a tea fanatic, I've never had Earl Grey Tea. I don't know why but I just never have. My boyfriend says he loves it so he's really happy I got it as a freebie (I'm assuming it may get stolen from my collection, so I'm on guard). But it smells just like a cup of tea, I was surprised that I loved the scent. It's light but definitely there. I'm not curious as to how the tea is because of how good this balm smells.
Frozen Banana-Smells fabulous! Dead on for banana, not too over powering and not too light. It's just right, I love it! In mine it smells like there is a light undertone of nuts, reminds me a little of a banana split sundae. Fabulous.

Wear: I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW AWESOME IT GOES ON! It is THE smoothest balm by far I've ever put on. A great amount of product goes on with just ONE swipe, it may even be too much! I love, love, love the way this feels when I put it on. It feels so smooth and moisturizing. I feel like my lips are really nourished when I put it on. My lips look great after I put on the balm. The balms last about 2 hours each, longer if I could just stop drinking water in between! But I love putting it on so much that I secretly hope it wears off, just so I can put it on again. Yes, it is THAT good.

Packaging Very cute labels! The labels on the tubes are color coded to the flavors, each label is different in color. The flavor is ascribed on the label in a font that looks like it was hand written. It's very unique and delightful to look at. It is your average size tube of lip balm. Wonderful.

Price: $3.25 plus shipping. It is totally worth it for this natural, handmade balm. It is such a high quality product; I'm so happy I purchased!

Overall:
Pros:FLAVORS, SCENTS, PACKAGING, PRICE, WEAR!
Cons:Absolutely nothing

Rating: 5 out of 5, you should definitely think about investing in at least a couple of these just to try out the plethora of flavors she carries.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE Orange Thyme lip balms. My current favorite is Rhubarb Soda...so tart and delicious. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to definitely try the Rhubarb Soda that sounds great. I can't get enough of her lip balms! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! A girl after my own heart for sure! As a fellow Etsy lip balm addict, check out Ophelia's Apothecary and the Lippincott Soap Company. Awesome! My newest addiction is Lavender balms. Can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love the blog! I will definitely look into those brands, I'm always up for trying anything! I wish I could get myself to like floral lip balms but I just can't, I feel like I'm missing out on all the lovely lavender balms I keep coming across =(.

      Delete
  3. I'm such an etsyaholic too. I also like the variance in flavors and figured I'd mention Jadewicks' Sparkling Lychee lip balm that I found there. It's a very solid lychee scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I'm not the only one =). I've been meaning to try that kind but I've had bad luck with lychee flavored balm and was discouraged, I'll definitely have to try it now, Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  4. I'd like to like orangethyme, I ordered on your recommendation, but shipping is taking forever and I have no idea when it will arrive. No answer to emails either. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that! I think my initial shipping took a little while but when she forgot my one balm she was really quick about it. Also, she has been preparing for the sale she just started on Wednesday which may explain why she hasn't been answering. I'm so sorry you're having trouble, I hope the balms show up soon for you though. Please let me know what you think once they arrive.

      Also, I would try messaging her on Etsy.com. I tried e-mailing her before and she never responded but when I tried her on Etsy she responded within minutes. The longest it's ever taken to her to respond was maybe 24 hrs.

      Hope that helps!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  5. Really enjoy reading your blog...Nice to know I'm not alone in my lip balm obsession! Orange Thyme is awesome, the best balms I have ever used - especially love Rhubarb & Raspberry. Long Winter Farm is great too, my fave is the Strawberry Jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that, it always makes me happy to know people enjoy reading my blog. I felt the same way, I always thought my obsession with lip balm was a rarity..glad to know it's not! I have to agree with you on both accounts, Orange Thyme and Long Winter Farm are some of the best balms I've ever come across. I'll have to try Rhubarb & Raspberry and Strawberry Jam!

      Thanks so much for reading and for sharing!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  6. I just wrote a review on Orange Thyme. I agree that the consistency of these balms are fabulous! I just wish they had sweetener in them. Do you prefer your balms sweetened or not?

    http://sarahannaoriginals.blogspot.ca/2012/08/orange-thyme-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...