Friday, March 9, 2012

Crazy Rumors: Perk Collection

Alright as promised, I've got a new review this week for you. I obviously went a little crazy buying Crazy Rumors lip balm this past winter because I own almost every flavor that they offer. I go a little balm crazy when I find a new brand that has so many new flavors that I'm not used to. For you coffee lovers, this may be the collection for you.

Company: Crazy Rumors

Flavors: Amaretto, French Vanilla, Mocha, and Coffee Bean. Like I said, if you like coffee this may be the collection for you. I, on the other hand, am not a huge fan of coffee. I do enjoy it occasionally and I used to love it back in high school but I don't really drink it more than once or twice a year now (I'm definitely more of a tea person). That being said, there needs to be some caution when you read my descriptions of these flavors. Amaretto, I bought this because it reminded me of my roommate's attempt at making some homemade amaretto liqueur. It is VERY much like the liqueur. Very almond-y and VERY fragrant, the whole drawer that it's kept in smells just like it. It reminds me of a cherry coke smell also, but only sometimes. This one may be too fragrant for me, I wasn't all that pleased with it compared to the other balms from their collections. I was expecting to like French Vanilla, but it was a very, very faint vanilla smell and had a bland taste and scent. It wasn't anything phenomenal. I guess I was expecting something a little bit sweeter in scent. The Mocha flavor also is a very faint scent, I wasn't all too impressed with it. Perhaps that's how it is intended to be but as a lover of the occasional mocha frappuccino I was expecting something more like that. Coffee bean I did not like at all. I usually love the way coffee beans smell, so warming and just feels like home when you smell them, but I did not find that here. I'm sure coffee lovers would love it though! This one was also more fragrant than the French Vanilla or Mocha.

Wear: Like the other Crazy Rumors balms they go on crazy smooth. Just one or two swipes and you're good to go! They last a long time as well, close to two hours. The typical quality you find with these balms. They're just fabulous all around, even if I don't like the flavors the wear is still great.

Packaging: Clear tubes that are your average size of lip balm tube. Labels with their mascot on it and color banners to match the flavor. The collection has a unique color scheme just like the other collections. The little seal at the top on these balms say "A Coffee Break For Your Lips". Cute, I love that extra effort to make each safety seal unique for each collection.

Price: $3.50 plus shipping. The typical price you find for a natural, vegan balm.

Overall:
Pros:Packaging, Wear, Price, Easy application, Long lasting
Cons: I didn't really enjoy the flavors, perhaps they could be a little sweeter? To each his (or her) own.

Rating: 3 out of 5 twists, not my favorite collection from them but still not a bad collection. If you love coffee, you should definitely give these a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...