Friday, March 9, 2012

Trader Johann's Virtuoso

Last weekend when I went home to visit my parents, my dad took my sister and I to lunch. After lunch we decided to go to Trader Joe's and of course, I've heard of the lip balm they sell there and have heard nothing but great things about it so I was on the hunt for it. We picked up some random things while perusing the store until my sister and I found the lip balm. I could not wait to try it! Since the balms come in packs of three, I was planning to give one to my sister and my dad and keep one for myself. My dad told me he didn't want one because he was okay with his green tube of Blistex that has been a staple in our house since I was very little. I told him to at least try the Trader Johann's lip balm and as soon as he put it on he was sucked into it. Let's get to it now, shall we?

Company: Trader Joe's

Flavor: Virtuoso (Spearmint). I usually do not like spearmint at all, peppermint is more my cup of tea. But, I really, really enjoyed this spearmint balm. It felt so soothing and refreshing to put on. It has a clear, distinct scent of spearmint and I find it quite pleasant. When I lick my lips it tastes just like minty toothpaste, which isn't terrible (not that I encourage eating toothpaste).

Wear: It goes on so very smooth, pretty slick goes on easy with one swipe while providing great coverage. It also contains SPF 15 which is always an added bonus for any balm. I also think that the spearmint scent would be able to cover up any bad breath that you may have which is a perk for wearing this balm. It also lasts about 2 hours which is great!

Packaging: It's your average sized lip balm tube. It's a white tube with a white and green label with Virtuoso and Lip Balm in big letters and their slogan "Music to your lips" beneath it. Very homemade/Trader Joe's feel. Pretty simple packaging even though it does contain a lot of writing on it.

Price: This is the BEST deal I have found for lip balm anywhere (okay except for a couple occasions where I got lip balm for about $0.40 and $0.67). It's $2.49 for 3 balms! It only comes in a pack of three but that's the price you'd normally pay for just ONE tube anywhere else, making this quite the steal. It comes down to about $0.83. That's even cheaper than a stick of Chapstick brand lip balm, but with 50% organic ingredients! I'd lean for the Virtuoso.

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, Packaging, PRICE!, Wear
Cons: I wish there were more flavors! They've got a great formula, I wish there were more!

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, unless you're totally against spearmint or mint balms, you should totally invest in a pack of these. Even if you only need one, you can always share with others =).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...