Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Epically Epic Holiday Balms!

The holidays are fast approaching and the faster these holidays approach, the quicker we're running out of time to purchase from Etsy sellers in time for the holidays! I wanted to make sure you all knew about some shops' holiday balms so that you could order before it's too late to get them before the holidays! To start us off, is one of my absolute favorite shops...Epically Epic Soap Co.!


Flavors: Candy Cane, Sugar Cookies, Gingerbread House, Eggnog, Apple Pie, White Chocolate Popcorn, Pumpkin Pie, and Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows. I've been loving candy cane and peppermint balms lately and this balm is no exception! The Candy Cane is a beautiful medley of icy peppermint with sweet vanilla. It's a classic and just wonderful all around. The Sugar Cookies balm reminds me of the sweet bakery treat! I've never been a huge fan of Sugar Cookies in the past, but surprisingly I liked this balm! It's light, sugary and buttery! What more could you ask for from a Sugary Cookie balm? The Gingerbread House balm smells just like gingerbread with a hint of vanilla icing! I've actually never made a Gingerbread House before, but I could imagine it smells a lot like this! Okay, so I've never had Eggnog before and to be honest it always sounded gross to me. But, I'm a sucker for Allison's balms so I thought, why not? I'll give it a shot! And I'm so glad I did! This balm smells incredible! It smells creamy, vanilla-y, with a little hint of spice. I think it's one of my favorites! The Apple Pie smells a bit like apples with a light flaky crust. I wish it smelled a little more like baked apples, but it's not a total deal breaker! I was really surprised by the White Chocolate Popcorn, it smells EXACTLY like popcorn and white chocolate! I feel like I just popped some light buttery popcorn and covered it in white chocolate, it's so shockingly wonderful! I'm not a huge fan of things that aren't actually popcorn (like popcorn jelly beans, yuck), but I really like this balm. The Pumpkin Pie is a wonderful blend of pumpkin and spices. It's exactly what I had expected. I'm really lovin' Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake balms lately! And last but not least, the Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows lip balm. This balm smells just like a rich, warm cup of chocolate-y goodness, marshmallows included! Nothing goes better with winter than a hot cup of cooca...well except, maybe this balm!

Wear: These balms go on crazy smooth, and I mean smoooothhh. One swipe on top and one swipe on bottom and you're good to go! Except if you're like me and just love applying balm and go around for an extra swipe or two. These balms also last over two hours which is wonderful.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tube with labels that are colored to match the flavor of the balm. Some of the holiday balms also have extra cute designs to make them more festive! Like, the Hot Cocoa balm has cute little marshmallows all over the label! The Candy Cane label is white and red striped. The Gingerbread House has red and green polka dots all over the label. The Sugar Cookies balm has a light yellow background with blue, green, and pink polka dots on it; this is probably the cutest label design I've ever seen! The Eggnog balm also has little uh star-like drawings all over it, what do I call those things, they're like asterisks! The asterisks are brown, pink, yellow and white. They're so perfect and festive. The Apple Pie balm has alternating colored waves of dark brownish-orange with light brownish-orange. The White Chocolate Popcorn has tiny popcorns all over the label. Seriously, it's the little things in life. I absolutely adore these holiday balm label designs!

Price: $3.75, definitely a steal for one of these balms! I love Epically Epic balms!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors!, Wear, Packaging!!, Price
Cons: 

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. Seriously these balms are AWESOME. You can't go wrong with any of the holiday balms, I'd highly recommend any of them, especially if you've even got a tiny inkling that you want to try one of them. But you have to hurry! Last day for orders is December 5th! On December 6th, Allison closes up shop for a month so get your Epically Epic fix while you can!

Ingredients: Shea butter, Candelilla Wax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Flavor, Natural Sweetener and in some balms, Mineral Colorant.

Have you tried Allison's Holiday balms yet? Which one is your favorite?

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway here for your own stick of Softlips Marshmallow Ghost**

13 comments:

  1. Yeah! Thank you for doing this review before I go on vacation. It's nice to know you appreciate the new labels -- I had such a good time designing them, and now I feel like my normal labels are too plain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love, love, love...did I mention love? the new labels!

      I hope you were able to get some last minute customers before your shop goes on vacation!

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. Yay for new EE flavors! My favorite was the Hot Cocoa & Marshmallows until I accidentally sent it through the washer. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I think I would be so devastated if one of my balms went through the wash! That's why I'm glad none of my jeans have front pockets in them so I don't get tempted to put balms in there and have the potential to forget about them!

      --Christina

      Delete
  3. I have been loving all of Allison's holiday balms too they are all amazing! She also made me some custom flavors that I adore: Chocolate Irish Cream, Honey Lemon, and Chocolate Chai simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those custom flavors sound amazing! You always have the best custom flavored balms made!

      --Christina

      Delete
  4. Alyssa, that is a tragedy! LOL That balm is awesome. Currently my favorite one from Allison! It smells just like the real thing.

    Denise, Chocolate Chai?!? Um, she should totally make that a staple in her shop! Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered a few too many lip balms on Black Friday.. and her sale came out later so I passed. I prefer the savoury balms so I hope they last a while yet when I place my purchase. I agree, chocolate chai sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I definitely went a little overboard on Black Friday/Cyber Monday so I'm going on a hiatus on lip balm buying for a little while.

      --Christina

      Delete
  6. Denise - Chocolate Irish Cream and Chocolate Chai?! I would SO order those! (hint, hint Allison! ;])

    Trish - It was quite tragic indeed! I seem to have bad luck with chocolate EE balms. I somehow managed to lose my Chocolate Malt balm over the summer at a bonfire! Sadness! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent Allison an email that she should consider making these balms as a limited edition offering. Perhaps she will make them in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Candy Cane lip balm and it's a dream on the lips. Burt's Bees has nothing on this.
    Small problem - I know it's been a few months since I got it but there is still product left in the tube. I broke the twister-thingy so I can't twist up the remaining balm.
    Christina - is this a common problem with the packaging or was I just unlucky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!

      I've found that sometimes the twisty thing just happens to break randomly on different balms. I have a bunch of balms where I have to push the balm against my lips to get it to go back into the container because the twister won't pull it down anymore. Don't worry, you weren't just unlucky, it happens to everyone!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...