Thursday, June 27, 2013

Vintage Sister's Lip Lickers

I had been recommended balms from Vintage Sister for a super long time before I finally decided to take the plunge and try them. I don't know why it always takes me so long to try balms from a new shop, but I'm always so glad I did! I've never had balms in a slider tin before, so there was definitely a novelty effect going on (I couldn't stop opening and closing them).

Company: Vintage Sister

Flavors: Flirtini, Pina Colada, and Shangri-La Shea Butter Relief with Lemon Essential Oil. The Flirtini has such a lovely light fruity scent. It's hard to pick out the individual fruity scents, but this balm is seriously wonderful without having an overpowering scent. The Pina Colada is perfect for summer! This balm is so tropical and wonderful, it's a combination of warm, tropical coconut and sweet, ripe pineapple. The Shangri-La Shea Butter Relief with Lemon Essential Oil has an incredible bright, refreshing lemon scent. It's just like I cut up a lemon and took a whiff, it's awesome!

Wear: The balms in the slider tins have a wonderful consistency, you apply them with your finger and a little goes a long way! They're creamy and make my lips feel smooth. The Shangi-La balm (in the tube) goes on beautifully as well! It's so smooth and creamy, it just melts right in to my lips and just like the slider tins, a little goes a long way!

Packaging: As I've mentioned, the Flirtini and Pina Colada come in little slider tins which are seriously cute and different from usual lip balm pots or lip balm tubes. The Shangri-La balm comes in an oval twist-up tube. All of the labels have a cartoony image on it and are brightly colored, I think it really keeps the design cute and fun!

Price: $3.95 for the slider tins and $4 for the Shangri-La balm, both are fairly priced, they're wonderful!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists. I'm so glad I finally tried some balms from Vintage Sister, I need to stop waiting so long to try balms from shops that are recommended to me! I'd definitely recommend trying some Vintage Sister balms.

Ingredients:
Slider Tins-Soybean Oil, Beeswax, Sunflower Seed Oil, Cocoa Seed butter, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Natural Additive (as sweetener), Color, Flavor
Shangri-La-Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel, Yellow Beeswax, Lemon Peel Oil

Have you tried Vintage Sister balms before? What are your favorite flavors?

3 comments:

  1. Where did u buy them? Can u find them on line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Vintage Sister Products!! So wonderful to have a great product that brings back such fond memories from my childhood. Worth every penny! Just ordered the new lip scrubs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...