Thursday, December 5, 2013

Eco Lips: Dagoba

As you may know, I received a huge amount of balms from Eco Lips to try, but I wanted to separate them into different reviews so that I don't overload and overwhelm you. I've been loving all of the balms I've tried so far and I'm super excited to keep sharing the details on all of their balms with you. I hope you enjoy!

Company: Eco Lips

Flavors: These balms are from the co-branded line of balms, specifically Dagoba. The flavors are: Roseberry, Lavender, and Mint. I should preface that these balms are soooo chocolatey! The Roseberry might just be my new favorite balm. It smells of tart, slightly sweet raspberries drenched in rich chocolate. I really wish I had this in a chocolate bar, it just smells absolutely amazing. It also has a little bit of rosehip oil, but I'm not familiar with how that smells. The Lavender smells strongly of lavender with a little bit of chocolate. This balm also has a hint of blueberry, but the lavender is too strong for me, it just overpowers anything else that I'm supposed to be smelling. If you like lavender or floral balms, this is one I'd recommend for you. It's not my favorite since lavender is just a scent I cannot get myself to like! I'm warming up to rose scented lip balms, but lavender is still a no go for me. The Mint may be the best chocolate mint balm I've ever tried! The rich scent of cocoa combined with tingly, cool peppermint is such a wonderful combination. This one will be perfect for this winter!

Wear: These balms go on so smooth and creamy. They glide on really easy without being super thick. The consistency is pretty much perfect. It feels like enough balm gets on my lips with two swipes without the balm being too thick and heavy. The mint also tingles a little when on my lips. I honestly have no complaints about this line of balms.

Packaging: These come in your average sized lip balm tubes with colored labels to match the flavor of the balm. It's super easy to tell these balms apart from one another and other balms in my collection. The little seal that keeps the cap on says "The Art of Chocolate Alchemy" which I think has to deal with the Dagoba chocolate company. The labels are pretty simple, yet eye catching.

Price: $3.49 per balm which is a heck of a deal for this, especially since these balms are organic!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. These balms rock! I would highly recommend trying one of these! These balms would make a perfect gift for the chocolate lover in your family, or for yourself.

Ingredients:
Roseberry-*Organic Sun flower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Seed Butter, *Organic Coconut Oil, *DAGOBA Organic Cacoa Powder, *Organic Chocolate Flavor, *Organic Raspberry Flavor, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Flower Extract, *Organic Rose Hip Fruit Oil.
Lavender-*Organic Sunfl ower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Seed Butter, *Organic Coconut Oil, *DAGOBA Organic Cacoa Powder, *Organic Chocolate Flavor, *Organic Blueberry Flavor, *Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Flower Extract.
Mint-*Organic Sunfl ower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Fair Trade Certified™ Organic Cocoa Seed Butter, *Organic Coconut Oil, *DAGOBA Organic Cacoa Powder, *Organic Chocolate Flavor, *Organic Essential Oil of Peppermint, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Flower Extract, *Organic Rosemary Extract.

Have you tried these balms yet? What did you think of them? If you haven't, which ones are you interested in trying?
-----------------------
These balms were provided complimentary to me by Eco Lips, however, all opinions are strictly my own. Thank you, Eco Lips, for the wonderful opportunity!

3 comments:

  1. I laugh every time you get a lavender balm because I despise that scent also! I have tried to get myself to like it too since so many people do, but I just can't! Yuck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a love it or hate it scent. Christina, if you ever need to make room for more balms and you use eBay, put all of the lavenders in an auction and I would bid!! ;)

      Delete
    2. Casey-I know, I just can't get myself to like it! I wish I could!

      Jean-I would be more than happy to send any lavender balms I receive your way. I'll keep you in mind the next time I receive some lavender balms =).

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...