Thursday, December 26, 2013

Eco Lips: Honest Kids

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great holiday yesterday, whether you celebrate Christmas or not. We're leaving today to head back to Seattle which we're more than a little sad about. Last year Rob received almost 10 days off work for the holidays, but this year he only got 2 so we're headed home before the New Year. We also can't leave our kitties for that long! Anyway, I'm chugging through these Eco Lips balms as fast as I can (there are SO many!), but I don't want to overwhelm you with too much at once. Today's post is on their Honest Kids line/collaboration.

Company: Eco Lips

Flavors: Tropical Tango Punch, Goodness Grapeness, and Berry Berry Good Lemonade. If you have kids or have looked after kids before, you've probably seen the Honest Kids juice pouches. I've personally never had one, but kids I used to look after had these on occasion. These are like those, but in lip balm form! The Tropical Tango Punch smells of a blend of tropical fruit. It's not overly sweet though. There's something about the scent of the balm that I cannot put my finger on, but it has something that hinders the scent a little. It smells a little like papaya, I'm really not a fan of papaya the fruit although I do usually love it in lip balms. I think it's a true papaya scent which deters me a little. I don't even know if there's really papaya fragrance in this, but that's what it smells like to me! The Goodness Grapeness smells exactly like grape juice or grape medicine or grape candies. Pretty much when you think of grape lip balms, you're going to be thinking of this balm. I don't like grape anything, except for fresh green grapes, so anything grape flavored or scented usually gets passed on to someone else. But if you're a fan of grape flavored stuff, this is the balm you want to add to your collection! The Berry Berry Good Lemonade isn't as sweet as you think it would be. This balm has a very light berry scent combined with the light scent of lemonade. I was hoping this balm would be stronger in scent, but if you're looking for a lightly scented balm, this is the one for you!

Wear: These balms go on so easily! They're really creamy and a little goes a long way. They feel very moisturizing and make my lips feel super soft. A smooth, even application with some staying power is all anyone looks for in a decent balm right?

Packaging: These come in your average sized lip balm tubes with labels that look exactly like the packaging on the actual juice pouches. The labels make them super distinct in my collection.

Price: $3.49 per tube which is a pretty decent price since these balms are also organic.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons: Lightly scented (a con for me, but maybe a pro for you!)

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. Even if the scents weren't super strong or my favorite, the consistency more than makes up for that! I really love the creamy, smooth consistency of these balms.

Ingredients: 
Tropical Tango Punch:*Organic Sun flower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Organic Tropical Flavor, *Organic Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Flower Extract
Goodness Grapeness: *Organic Sun flower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Organic Grape Flavor, *Organic Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Flower Extract
Berry Berry Good Lemonade: *Organic Sun flower Seed Oil, *Organic Beeswax, *Organic Berry Flavor, *Organic Lemon Flavor, *Organic Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, *Organic Calendula Flower Extract

Have you tried this line from Eco Lips yet? What did you think of them? Are you a fan of grape balms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...