Thursday, September 20, 2012

Special Long Winter Farm Balms

As most of you have seen already, one of my lovely readers sent me a package of some pretty amazing lip balms (in case you missed it, you can find that post here). I've finally gotten around to reviewing these precious balms and I truly feel so lucky and special that Denise thought to send me these lovelies. Thank you again, Denise!

Company: Long Winter Farm Soap Co.

Flavors: Pink Hawaii, Apply Pie, Mango Pomegranate, Hazelnut Cocoa, and Pistachio Chip. The Pink Hawaii is a soft but wonderful blend of many fruits into a nice tropical punch like scent. It's perfect for those who don't like very overpowering scents. The Apple Pie smells JUST like apple pie, if only it came with a side of vanilla ice cream! You can definitely smell apple and cinnamon, I was surprised at how much I liked this balm. The Mango Pomegranate is also pretty interesting. I can't pick out either fruit individually because neither overpowers the other, so it makes for a nice blend of both fruits. If you like more tropical and exotic fruits, this is one to try. The Hazelnut Cocoa is a nice mix of warm cocoa and nutty goodness. I think any of Amanda's balms that are chocolatey are absolutely perfect since she uses cocoa butter in her balms which already gives all her balms a slight cocoa-y undertone. Now, the Pistachio Chip is what I was completely blown away by! It's chocolatey, nutty, and sweet! It reminds me of candy when I put it on but also has the warmness from the cocoa and a slight nuttiness from the pistachio. Seriously...TRY THIS BALM!

Wear: Smoooooooooothhh. True to all of Amanda's lip balms, these ones go on extremely smooth and contour to your lips. They last forever and just feel so good going on. I love love love putting on LWF balms.

Packaging: These balms come in oval lip balm tubes that are the same weight as your average lip balm tube. The labels have two colored bands on both sides of the label with colors that match the flavor of the lip balm. The flavor is labeled nice and big on the front of the tube and is preceded by the company name. I love that these labels are so simple and to the point, but still very pleasing to the eye and easy to identify.

Price: $4 per tube, which is a fabulous price for balms of this quality. They're so wonderful! Some of these are custom flavors though and in order to get custom flavors you have to order 50 or more tubes, but you get to pick up to 5 flavors. Perfect for gifts!

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Packaging, Price, Wear, everything!
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, these balms will forever and always be some of my favorites. I love LWF balms! You should definitely try some if you haven't already, especially the Pistachio Chip!

Ingredients: Natural Beeswax, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed & JOjoba Oils, Cocoa & Unrefined Shea Butters, Vitamin E, Flavor Oil.

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you are enjoying the balms. These flavors were custom requested by me and I am so happy that Amanda decided to sell the Pistachio Chip one of my favs! FYI: If you order 50 balms you can chose up to 2 flavors not 5. 100 tubes up to 5 flavors I beleive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! I am so lucky you decided to send these to me! I love them so much! I just checked her website here http://shop.longwinterfarm.com/product/wholesale-lip-balm-50-15oz-tubes and I read that it was 50 tubes with 5 flavors. Maybe the website is not up-to-date but that's where I got the info from.

      Thank you again!

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. I am DYING for Apple Pie!! I wish Amanda would make that a regular in the shop.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that listing on her own website is primarily for her wholesale customers. I purchase 50-100 tubes at a time through her etsy website and that listing says only up to two flavors for an order of 50 balms and 5 for 100. But it's best to convo Amanda directly when ordering 50 or more balms. She will let you know either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your advice, Denise! I'm sure you're right as you've ordered custom balms from her before.

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...