Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Update and Apologies

Hi everyone!

I'm sure some of you have noticed my absence the last week and a half. A lot has been going on in my personal life and I just didn't have the capacity or capability to try to take on more stuff, including blogging and working out (which is basically my life). As you know, we moved on the 17th and there was that whole debacle that happened with that (we are living in the apartment until mid-September when we'll have to move again). The following Saturday, July 20th, I was to fly home and spend a week with my sister before we flew to Maryland for our sorta family reunion for the weekend. What I didn't expect on Saturday morning after a week of stress, was a phone call from my sister saying my dog had been rushed to the emergency vet. He had gone blind and started having frequent seizures. This was told to me an hour before I was to head to the airport. After one night of observation, his condition didn't improve and he seemed to be in a comatose state. I didn't expect to have to say good-bye to my beautiful dog the next day. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. I've had pets pass before, but mostly when it was their time after a longer than average life span (I've had many pet rats in the past who usually have a life span of around 2 years, it's always hard but I always know they've lived a long, wonderful life), my poor baby was only 8. I spent the next few days in a daze, mourning and grieving over my beautiful dog with my sister. We had planned to spend so much time together this trip happy and doing things we like to do together, but the trip we'd been looking forward to for so long definitely did not turn out the way we were hoping it would. I'm just now trying to get myself to get back to a usual routine, but every now and then I'll think about my Shay, and I won't be able to get myself to do anything.
After my time in Chicago was up, we had to fly to Maryland to celebrate a new marriage and have a mini family reunion. This definitely helped me get my mind off of Shay, until a relative would ask about him and I'd choke up. Shay was part of the family, and still is. The weekend was super fun and definitely what I needed. It felt so good to be around so much family, and a lot of family I hadn't seen in about 6 years. Rob and I definitely had a great time this weekend and were sad to see it end.

Yesterday I just needed a day to myself. I didn't do anything or go anywhere. I'm trying to amp myself up to get back to my usual, perky, energetic self. I'm going to try to get back to posts this week.

I'm so sorry that I didn't have any posts up the last week and a half, I just didn't have the energy or motivation. I didn't go to the gym, I gave up caring about what I ate, I didn't study for the MCAT, I didn't even touch my computer. I was basically just existing.

So slowly, but surely, I'm going to get back to my usual self!

I just wanted to give you all an update.

I hope you've all been having a better time than I have been recently!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Christina :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Shay. :( Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, I am so sorry for your lost. I have had to put down 2 pets, my cat Marble and my doggie Mocha before their time and unfortunately I know exactly how you feel. Take as much time as you need to heal. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Pets are our family members and we love them dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...