Friday, February 17, 2012

Alba Botanica: Passion fruit, Coconut, and Pineapple

I picked one of these balms up a long time ago and absolutely loved the scent, feel, taste--basically everything about it--and wanted to pick up any other delicious looking flavors they had. I've finally got around to buying the last two to complete my collection and am absolutely in love with them.

Company: Alba Botanica

Flavors: Coconut Cream, Passion Fruit Nectar, and Pineapple Quench. The Coconut Cream is amazing, very pleasant coconutty (I know, I just made that word up). This balm was the one that made me fall in love with coconut lip balms. It's a sweet coconut smell. I think the Passion Fruit Nectar is the absolute BEST smelling out of these three. It smells like candy and just overall deliciousness. Even my boyfriend was trying to guess for forever what flavor it was because he liked it so much. The Pineapple Quench smells like pineapple with a little sugar...sugared pineapple I suppose. It's almost candy like but still very nice. Overall, all three are absolutely amazing!

Wear: Not the smoothest application, it's not terrible--still very easy to apply--but not like some other balms. It is a little stiff when you start and goes on thick but it's very nice. One swipe on top and one on bottom and you're good to go. Great coverage and no having to guess if you applied enough. Lasts at least an hour, it's fabulous.

Packaging: It's your average sized lip balm tube with a Hawaiian themed label and design. The flavors have different color coded caps, very simple yet pleasing to the eye.

Price: About $3 which is right in my price range. It's worth it to add at least one of these balms to your collection, I really doubt you will be disappointed.

Overall:
Pros: Price, long lasting, packaging, flavors
Cons: There could be an improvement in how smooth the balm goes on, but not a huge problem

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...