Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dr. Bronner's: Peppermint and Lemon Lime

While doing an errand in nearby Indiana a month ago or so, my boyfriend and I stopped at a Target to do our usual "hunt for items that fulfill our obsessions" which of course meant I got to look for new balms. I picked up a balm that I'd never heard of before and when I first applied it I couldn't help but exlaim, "WOW! It's so smooth!" This of course made me want to find another one of these balms and, as mentioned in one of my previous entries, I picked up some balms at a Whole Foods near by which included another flavor by this company!

Company: Dr. Bronner's Magic "All-One!"

Flavors: The first one I picked up was Peppermint and the second one I picked up was Lemon Lime. The Peppermint has that characteristic minty smell of any peppermint balm but it is a lighter smell, very pleasant. It didn't knock me on my butt with an overload of peppermint which was great. The Lemon Lime doesn't really have a very lemon limey smell to it and actually doesn't have too much of a smell at all which I don't think I really mind. There's something there but it's very light. I like the flavors of both of these balms. They also carry two other balms: Naked (a plain balm) and Orange Ginger.

Wear: As I've previously stated, these balms went on SO SMOOTH. Right from the start it was just perfection. Probably one of the smoothest applications I've ever had. They also last about 1.5-2 hours at a minimum (I realize I always end up eating or drinking sometime after applying the balm which is why each duration of an application of balm is a little different).

Packaging: They're your average sized lip balm tube color coded to the flavor from head to toe. The Peppermint is all Blue and the Lemon Lime is all Green. Easy enough to identify and keep track of. It's a pretty low-key lip balm tube design wise, but has all of the information about the balm straightforward on the front of the tube. Simple. Easy.

Price: Around $3, perfect price! Did I also mention it's a USDA Organic balm? Great price for this product.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, application, long lasting, packaging, price
Cons:Nothing, it's a great balm! Perhaps more flavors, but I don't think they really need to do that (I just love having tons of different flavors on hand).

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, definitely pick this up and try it!

2 comments:

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...