Friday, February 24, 2012

Firebird Bath & Body: Blood Orange, Asian Pear, Lemon Sugar

As I've been telling you all, I've been addicted to going on Etsy.com and looking at all different kinds of handmade balms. It was very hard to limit my purchasing to just a few brands because I can tell you right now, I've got about 30 items in my cart that I'm dying to purchase. My boyfriend even went beyond his promised 11 balms to 13! Apparently there was a glitch in our text messages and he was really going to buy me only 5 so I was happy with 11 but he surprised me by letting me get two more, I'm such a lucky girl =). Anyhow, this particular brand I've been wanting to try for months now and finally got around to purchasing a few balms during a pre-order sale. My only regret was not ordering more!

Company: Firebird Bath & Body, formerly Flourish Bath & Body

Flavors: Blood Orange, Asian Pear, Lemon Sugar. I've been very addicted to lemon lip balms lately, just can't get enough of them! This Lemon Sugar balm however was a very subtle lemon scent. I was expecting my usual smack-in-the-face lemon scent. But it was still very pleasant. I was also looking forward to the Asian Pear flavor since I've previously mentioned my bad luck with the only other Asian pear flavor I own. This scent was also very light, at first I couldn't smell it at all. But once I used it two or three times I was able to detect a light, pleasant scent of a crisp Asian pear. Now the Blood Orange was a HUGE surprise for me. Even when purchasing it, I thought that the scent would be very light but boy was I wrong! The scent is definitely there and very characteristic of a blood orange. It is stronger than the other two and so sweet. I absolutely LOVE This flavor. I cannot stop putting it on! I always hope it will wear off so I can put more on but as you'll soon see, I have to wait a while!

Wear: These balms are in no way the smoothest balms I own. They are a little stiff when first being applied and don't appear to warm up a crazy amount. But in this case, I don't really see that as a problem. It goes on with great application without needing to be crazy slick and provides excellent coverage, just a few swipes and you're done. It goes on thicker than other balms and seems just slightly sticky at first but goes away. I actually love the way this balm applies which is what I was also really surprised about because I usually love really soft balms. This balm feels great going on, the thicker consistency feels moisturizing and it lasts FOREVER, at least 2.5 hours! I love these balms!

Packaging: I really love these labels, they are so cute and colorful and match their indicated flavor. They're gorgeous in color, very bright and make me just smile when I see it. The fonts are gorgeous as well, not your usual fonts that you see on a label. These balms look very classy and sophisticated while still maintaining a handmade touch to them. You can really by the look of these balms that someone cared to put enough effort into the product as well as the presentation of the product.

Price: $3.50 plus shipping. Great price for a natural, handmade balm.

Overall:
Pros:Flavors, application, crazy long lasting, natural, packaging, price
Cons: The only con I see is that I don't have more of these balms, does that count?

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, this is also a MUST have in any lip balm collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...