Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shaka Laka Lip Blaka: Pineapple Express

I apologize for my lack of posting the last two weeks, I really meant to and promise to make a better effort at getting at least one post up per week!

With that being said, I am completely surprised I haven't written about one of my ABSOLUTE favorite lip balms I've ever been so lucky to have stumbled over. While in San Francisco over the summer, one of my only options for grocery shopping was the Safeway across the street and boy was I glad! If I hadn't had to shop at this store I would have never found this balm. This balm was probably the one that had the greatest WOW factor. I was completely blown away by it! I wish it was available in more stores around me, I would love to try every flavor!

Company: Shaka Laka

Flavor: Pineapple Express. Hands down, my favorite flavor in my collection. It is so dead on sweet pineapple. I was completely shocked by it. I figured it would have just a light flavor of pineapple, but it is definitely there! It tastes a little like sugared pineapple but it is totally awesome. The scent is also very pleasant.

Wear: The first time I applied it, it was a little stiff but went on well after I gave it some time. It felt thick when it went on but like it gave me great coverage. I could feel it sink into my lips and provide great protection from wind and sun. However, after the first couple uses the balm became grainy and always felt like it. I purchased a second stick hoping that it was just a fluke, but once again after a few uses it returned to being grainy. I could possibly be having bad luck with these balms but nonetheless I love this balm!It lasts about 2 hours, and the flavor lasts at least three! I can still taste the flavor on my lips hours later. Did I mention it has SPF 15?

Packaging:Very cool packaging, comes in a standard size lip balm tube. It is black with a bright yellow label with the words "PINEAPPLE EXPRESS" in big lettering with a picture of a pineapple in the background. It's very edgy and pretty unique. It really is a pleasant tube to look at.

Price: About $3, which is fabulous for this balm! It hits right in the perfect price range for a great balm.

Overall:
Pros: Price, Packaging, Flavor, Long Lasting, SPF
Cons: Feels grainy after a couple uses

Rating: 4.75 out of 5 twists, if only the balm hadn't become grainy! Otherwise, no other problems with this balm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...