Friday, February 17, 2012

Simply Lip Balm: Vanilla, Citrus, Iced Pear, Fresh Mint

When I ran to the store to do some last minute Christmas shopping (this was obviously two months ago) for my sister and my mom, my boyfriend and I ran to Walgreen's and I decided to pick up all of the eos lip balms for my sister and turned around to find these hanging in a display. I was intrigued that they were so cheap and had one really interesting flavor. Obviously, I had to pick up them because I'm always eager to try new brands (especially if they're cheap and look decent!).

Company: Simply Lip Balm

Flavors: Vanilla, Citrus, Iced Pear, and Fresh Mint. All of them are just lovely. The flavor I had to pick up because it just drew me in was Iced Pear. I had yet to acquire a Pear flavored balm, which made me question why I've waited so long to get one. I LOVE pears, they're so delicious! It was pretty dead on for the pear scent and flavor, it was a delicate scent but you could definitely tell it was pear. The Citrus was also a light scent and blend of all things citrus-y. Vanilla and Fresh Mint were also as to be expected, pleasant and light with a good scent and taste. I think it's pretty hard to mess up Vanilla and Mint since they're some of the most common lip balm flavors found in stores and online.

Wear: It goes on smooth and has pretty good coverage. It was your average application, nothing made me go "WOW!" like some balms do. It lasted an hour which is good, which means there was no need to reapply continuously.

Packaging: Just like their name implies, the tube has a very, very simple design on it. An average sized lip balm tube that's white with the company's name in big letters and flavors color coded by a segment of color. It's not crazy flashy or anything, very quick and to the point.

Price: About a $1 a piece, I believe I paid $2 for 2 balms. Very cheaply priced for a decent product. It's below my price range which in this case isn't such a bad thing (unlike the e.l.f. balm I reviewed before).

Overall:
Pros: Cheap, simple packaging,flavors, decent lasting power
Cons: Hard to find elsewhere besides Walgreen's, website doesn't offer options to buy online

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 twists, it was your average balm. There wasn't anything crazy fabulous about it, besides the unique Iced Pear which was a surprise. It's good if you're in the market for a cheap, effective balm.

5 comments:

  1. doesnt look so interesting.. but thats not a problem i guess :)

    Pink Clouds Tints and Highlights Giveaway ♥ Enter now!
    http://pinkcloudsz.blogspot.com/2012/02/pink-clouds-tints-and-highlights.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really was just an ordinary balm, aside from the Pear I probably wouldn't purchase from them again.

      Delete
  2. I Love this lip balm! More than the Say Yes to Carrots, which I really liked a lot before this one in iced pear. It smells ahmazing, is super cheap and has spf 15. The only con I can think of is that the only place I've seen them in is Walgreens.

    I love Simply Iced Pear and Say Yes to Carrots Berry a lot more than the over rated(imo) eos I got in passion fruit which I would not purchase again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally agree with you there, I think Simply is much better than Yes to Carrots. I don't know why they're only available at Walgreen's but I have noticed that also.

      I definitely think that Simply Iced Pear is better than the eos passion fruit, the passion fruit just didn't match up to the flavor of the Iced Pear.

      Thanks for you input and for reading!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  3. I love them too, but I can't find them at Walgreens anymore. Looking online, so far I've only found them on Amazon for $14 each!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...