Friday, February 17, 2012

love & toast

Last week while doing my usual Thursday night hang out with one of my good friends, we decided to go to Whole Foods in search of items to make vegan cookies (she's vegan, I'm not). Of course, if you've ever gone into a Whole Foods, you know exactly what their lip balm isle looks like: baskets and baskets of different lip balms! It's truly like being a kid in a candy store. My friend, who is not a lip balm addict like myself, was amazed to see me spend so much time perusing the different balms and coming back with six tubes (I only ended up purchasing five, and a parfait..yum!). I'll be writing about one of the new brands I happened to stumble over while admiring the wall of balms.

Company: love & toast

Flavors: I purchased Coconut Lime and Green Tea & Mint...if there's four things I love in this world it's got to be Coconut, Lime, Green Tea, and Mint. These were clearly the perfect flavors for me. The coconut lime has a mild blended scent of coconut and lime, not too much of one or the other. It's very similar to Bath and Body Works old Coconut Lime Verbena which I LOVED and stocked up on before they discontinued it and made Coconut Lime Breeze. It may be a little too similar to the lotion for me because when I put it on I feel like I've put the lotion all over my lips (my sister once squirted lotion in my mouth and it was an AWFUL experience, I don't recommend it). I liked the scent but it may have been too weird for me because I wear that lotion every day. The green tea and mint was just like a nice cup of green tea with just a hint of mint. It was wonderful and refreshing. They also have other unique flavors and I was sad I found all of them there except Blood Orange, I'd really like to try that one.

Wear: They both went on very smooth and easy, no real complaints in that department. They also both lasted about an hour which is pretty decent wearing strength. Pretty straight forward in this department.

Packaging: This was really the selling point for me and what drew me in. These balms have extremely unique and creative labels, not to mention the company name is pretty interesting as well. Each flavor has it's own lovely label and the designs are really eye catching. That's the one thing my friend really liked about them, when she saw them out on the counter she just had to pick them up and comment on how cool they looked. Also it's your typical lip balm size.

Price: I believe I paid about $3 for this balm. Pretty good price for a good product.

Overall:
Pros: Packaging! Flavors, wear, application, price
Cons: Nothing that I can see as of yet

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists, I love that packaging!

2 comments:

  1. Could it be brought online for the same price as well ? C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can! They're $3 online plus the cost of shipping, here's the link to the lip butters: http://loveandtoast.com/t/body-care-collection/lip-butter

      Hope that helps!

      Thanks for reading!
      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...