Friday, February 17, 2012

Crazy Rumors: Fresh Squeezed Collection

Hello all! After yet another hectic week I am finally able to post about one of my new favorite lip balms! I've reviewed this company before, but with a different collection. Why don't I just get right down to it, since I've kept you waiting for so long.

Company: Crazy Rumors

Flavors: In the fresh squeezed collection you get: Lemonade, Limeade, Grapefruit Juice, and Orange Juice. I'll start with my favorite: Lemonade. I CANNOT get enough of this one! It is just like a nice refreshing class of lemonade. I've been using it all day every day for the last week! It's so fabulous. Scent of lemon with a hint of sugar, gorgeous. This is one you should definitely try if you're in the market for a lemony lip balm. The next would be Limeade, the scent is exactly what you'd expect--tangy, tart, sour lime. It's quite good, but not as good as Lemonade. The next two were just so-so in my book. I wasn't a huge fan of the Grapefruit Juice, I actually may have rubbed it off my lips after a while...but it could be because I'm not that big of a fan of grapefruit to begin with. But it was worth a shot. I could also be completely blinded by the Lemonade flavor and now hold very high expectations for the rest of the balms. It didn't really have a smell or a taste to it, then again grapefruits have a very delicate smell as it is. Orange juice was similar to grapefruit, I couldn't really smell anything or taste anything either. I was really expecting something very similar to what you'd pour yourself with breakfast but I was disappointed.

Wear: Each one goes on crazy smooth. I absolutely love it. They glide on right from the get-go. I could put them on around and around my lips all day, they're that smooth! (Obviously I wouldn't do that because that's a little silly...but if you wanted to you could totally do that.) They last a long time too, over two hours. I would have tried to see the actual duration of it but I kept drinking tea every time I applied the balm. Good news is: each application lasted through at least two cups of tea; it truly has some staying power. Love the wear, no matter what the flavor.

Packaging: Like their usual packaging, each tube is suited to fit within its collection. It's your average sized lip balm with very cute labels on them. The label has the collection name, as well as the flavor, and the brand's name. I also never realized this before, the usual "Sealed for your protection" sticker that's at the top of almost every balm you buy, is completely unique for each collection! I don't know how I overlooked that with the last set but it's so awesome! I haven't seen any other brand do that. For this collection it says: Citrus Bliss For Your Kiss. I know, it seems silly but I adore it. The labels are also color coded to match the flavor.

Price: $3.49 online plus shipping. It's really not that bad for a natural, vegan-friendly balm. I think for the natural/vegan balms my price range will be around $3.50 for an average price point. This is a quality product and definitely worth purchasing at least once.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, scents, application, long lasting, price, packaging, natural
Cons: There's really nothing bad to say about this balm. You like some flavors and you don't like some flavors, it's not really a "con" unless the flavor is truly awful.

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...