Thursday, February 9, 2012

Honey House Naturals: Mango Lip Butter

Alas I finally sit down to write my review of the week, after having to deal with many things this week I'm finally able to do what I love.

This past summer my grandpa, unfortunately, suffered from a stroke in Springfield which required that much of my time, and my family's time be spent down there with him. He's doing much better now so don't worry but as you know, something is always going on when I pick up a new balm. I happened to wander into the hospital gift shop with my sisters and of course, in any situation (proven evident from this situation), I'll be looking for new balm. I saw this new brand I had never seen before that had so many interesting flavors. Of course I had to pick up one...and then quickly went back for another.

Company: Honey House Naturals

Flavor: Mango. When I first opened it, the smell was very sweet and delicate, a very light smell. I was a little skeptical knowing that the brand contained the word "honey" in it. I think we all know how I feel about honey at this point, I'm not a big fan. But it was wonderful! There isn't really a mango-y taste or smell which was kind of a let down for me since I absolutely love mango anything. But this is an extremely pleasant scent. I also purchased the flavor Apple Pear, since that is also one of my top favorite fruits, and it was very pleasant as well the first time I used it. When I bought this flavor though, my sister had bought their Raspberry Lemonade flavor and when she tried it she told me it tasted like soap on her lips, so she had me try it and boy did it taste like soap. (Why is it that when someone tells you something is gross, you always want to find out for yourself if it is?) So in my attempt to try to get rid of the soap taste on my lips, I rubbed my lips and put the Apple Pear flavor on and ever since then my Apple Pear smells and tastes of soap. They have some other flavors I'd like to try as well: Tangerine and Vanilla Berry. They also have: Chocolate Mint, Natural, Peppermint, Raspberry Pomegranate, Raspberry Lemonade, Tangerine, and Vanilla Almond.

Wear: At first it's a little stiff but then quickly softens up! It goes on very smooth, just like butter on hot toast I suppose. It makes my lips feel so very moisturized. They feel soft and smooth and silky. Just wonderful all around. It's got some true staying power as well, around one and a half to two hours at a minimum. It's a very rich balm, like heaven for my lips!

Packaging: It's your average sized lip balm tube, but it's black with a shiny gold label. It definitely sticks out when placed in my lip balm collection. Nothing crazy special about it, but if you've got a good product why do you need a special packaging too? Different and simple works for me.

Price: $4-5; a little out of my price range but this is a natural balm. But it also works wonders on my lips. I'd be willing to spend another $4 for a different flavor, they've got a good product going on here!

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, scent, staying power, wear, packaging
Cons: Price, Soapy flavor on Raspberry Lemonade, A little hard to find in your every day store

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists, a pretty sound balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...