Sunday, January 8, 2012

Desert Essence Lip Rescue

I picked up this balm while looking for balms in a chain of grocery stores in California that we don't have in Illinois. I was intrigued by its packaging which pushed me to get it, I'm someone who definitely judges books by their covers and usually it works out for me. 



Company: Desert Essence

Flavors: Lip Rescue Moisturizing, Lip Rescue Therapeutic, and Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating. They also carry a line of tinted lip gloss. I ended up with Lip Rescue Moisturizing. It has no labeled flavor or scent so there is no smell to it. But when I put it on it reminded me of my clarinet playing days when I had to wet the reeds in my mouth. It tasted just like those wooden reeds so it's got a woody taste which to me isn't so pleasant because it just reminds me of those reeds. To others it probably won't be such a big deal. I'm not sure how the other flavors would measure up to this one. 

Wear: It seemed to be really stiff when I first applied it so I tried to continuously apply it and it never seemed to soften up. And although I kept applying it, it never felt like I was getting full coverage. It feels too thin and a little grainy and my lips don't feel as moisturized as they should with how much I put on. Maybe its just me because I like to actually feel the product on my lips (or maybe I'm just used to that). So no smooth application and not good coverage, those are major drawbacks for any lip balm. Maybe for this balm a little goes a long way, which I can see with how long its been lasting (over an hour). My lips do feel a little softer but I can still feel how chapped my lips are. 

Packaging: Standard lip balm tube with a brown label that has one end that is pink. The label is made of a matte label which is different from the majority of other labels, it's soft and not waxy. The tube looks more sophisticated, if you will, than other lip balm tubes. 

Price: $2.49 for a standard tube, which is a pretty good price. It's not too expensive but not too cheap (sometimes cheap correlates with quality).

Overall:
Pros: Price, packaging, long lasting
Cons: Application, Flavor

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 twists, I just couldn't get over the flavor and the trouble I had with the application.There wasn't anything truly spectacular about this balm, it was just average. It could be the flavor that I chose, but I don't know when I'll be trying the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...