Friday, January 20, 2012

Crazy Rumors: A La Mode

I was browsing the Internet one night while I was in Los Angeles a few weeks ago and stumbled upon a lip balm company that I had never heard of before. I was amazed by how attractive and well done their website was from their "mascot" to the different names for their different lines of lip balm. I then noticed their very unique and unusual flavors and could not decide on just a select few to try; this was definitely not your ordinary lip balm company. I was so engulfed by their website and overwhelmed by the variety of flavors that I ended up buying three complete lines of their lip balms and a handful of single lip balms from a mixture of their other lines. For now, I'll start with just one of their branches of flavors: A La Mode.

Company: Crazy Rumors

Flavors: Orange Creamsicle, Raspberry Sherbet, Mint Chocolate, and Banana Split. I CANNOT describe how delicious all of these flavors smell! The Raspberry Sherbet was so crisp and fruity, it was as if I had just opened up a pint of the actual thing. Also, I've tried other Banana Split lip balms since discovering my banana flavored balm and this one definitely takes the cake! I can smell the hot fudge, nuts, and banana; I was practically drooling when I took just a small whiff of it. The Mint Chocolate was also the perfect mash up of mint and chocolate, with neither being too overwhelming or stronger than the other. I found that the Orange Creamsicle was more citrus-y and orange than it had creamy vanilla, but it was still quite enjoyable.

Wear: As I always say, it's hard to find a natural balm that glides on beautifully and man I have never had one go on as smooth as these ones! As soon as you try to apply it, it's soft and goes on wonderfully. You get full coverage and my lips definitely feel softer. It feels thinner than most other balms when it goes on, but definitely doesn't feel like you need more to get the job done. It also lasted more than an hour, which was fabulous!

Packaging: The size of these balms are your average lip balm size, but have really cool labels attached to them. Each label has a classic old-fashioned feel to them (and I truly mean that in the best way possible) and have a banner that is color coded to match the flavor that states the flavor of the balm. They have clear caps which are pretty unusual but definitely compliment the look of the balm.

Price: $3.49 plus shipping, this is a pretty good price for a 100% natural, vegan, and cruelty-free balm.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, flavors, flavors! Price, Packaging, Application
Cons: Nothing that I can see

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, I highly recommend trying this brand!

4 comments:

  1. You can try Sweet lips by Sweets Cosmetics! :-)

    http://pinkcloudsz.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweet-lips-by-sweets-cosmetics.html

    Thats my review.. please have a look! Nice blog! Me following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into that! I'm definitely always up for trying any new balm!

      Thanks for checking out my blog, your blog looks awesome, I'll be following!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...