Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chicken Poop Lip Junk

I've been having this running joke about the lip balm Chicken Poop with my boyfriend these last few weeks ever since I stumbled upon the product online. I've never seen the products in store so imagine my surprise when I was continuing my chapstick safari (my hunt for lip balm) at Balboa Island yesterday and walked into a small local pharmacy and stumbled upon the mythical Chicken Poop!

Of course, I had to pick up a tube of it to add to my collection. Upon checking out, the lady behind the register nodded in approval as she said, "ah, yes the old chicken poop joke." I'm not sure if she realizes that there is quite the buzz about this product online and that it is not just for jokes.

*Be advised, I am in no way a fan of floral scented lip balm.

Company: Simone Chickenbone

Flavor: Chicken Poop Lip Junk (original), they also carry a  new Chicken Poop Outdoors. The Chicken Poop Lip Junk (original) has a distinct scent of lavender, which by now you should know I was not going to be a fan. I knew this going in but still had to try it for those of you out there who enjoy floral balms. The scent is not overbearing, evident since I proceeded to apply it to my lips.

Wear: It needed a second to warm up, but quickly got soft and was able to be applied. Not the greatest or smoothest application, but not completely awful it may have been that the scent and knowing I'd have to once again place a floral balm on my lips caused such a disliking of how the balm went on. It did however last about an hour and a half before I applied a different lip balm. Being in the California sun yesterday, I really appreciated how long the product lasted. Unfortunately, since the product is 100% natural, there was no SPF.

Packaging: Standard lip balm tube, it's white with black writing (Chicken Poop Outdoors is the opposite) and clearly states there is no actual chicken poop in the product, for those who need clarification. The tube looks clearly original and definitely stands out amongst other tubes.

Price: $3-4 for a standard 0.15 oz (4g) tube depending on where you buy. The price is still around the usual price I'd pay for lip balm.

Overall:
Pros: long lasting, price, natural
Cons: no SPF, floral scent*, no variety in flavors

Rating: 3 out of 5 twists, if there had been other scents/flavors that were more appealing to me the rating may have been higher due to how long it lasted. But once again if you enjoy floral, you should definitely give this balm a try!

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the title of this post, I definitely knew that this was the one I wanted to comment on! I didn't expect the product to actually be called Chicken Poop!

    What I really love about your blog are the short stories about how you found the product preceding each review. I also love how organized each review is, as well as the fact that even though I'm not as well-versed in the lip balm category, your blot makes me wish I was!

    Keep updating! This is definitely an interesting and helpful blog. It's great that you review more obscure and exotic products alongside the more mainstream ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy the short stories I include, I feel like they drag on but I've received some positive feedback on them so I'll continue to include them.

      Glad to have your support and thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...