Tuesday, January 17, 2012

eos (Evolution of Smooth)

If you've ever stood in line at a Walmart check out you've probably noticed these brightly colored spheres next to the lip balms in the impulse section. I had always noticed them and never knew what they were, simply passed them by every time I saw them. One day I decided to pick one up and realized it was a lip balm! As soon as I picked up one flavor, a friend suggested two other flavors which of course I picked up as well and before you knew it I was completely hooked on these cute little spheres! I now have basically every flavor (including their stick options). It took me a long while and a trip to San Francisco but I have successfully acquired all of the spheres (including some limited edition ones). 

Company: eos (Evolution of Smooth) 

Flavors: Lemon Drop (SPF 15), Summer Fruit, Honeysuckle Honeydew, Sweet Mint, Tangerine (Medicated), Strawberry Sorbet, and Passion fruit. The Lemon Drop flavor is my absolute favorite, I've never had a lemon lip balm before this one and I absolutely loved the flavor and scent. My friends saw me constantly putting it on (the sphere on the inside is no longer a sphere, it was almost completely flat by the end of the first two weeks of owning it). Its sweet and fresh. The Tangerine is my next favorite, you can't really tell that it's Tangerine but there's something about it that I just love. Sweet mint is in 3rd place, I love anything mint so this was definitely going to make my top three. It's a subtle mint and not at all overbearing. The scents on all of these balms are light and fragrant and not at all obnoxious. The rest of the flavors are good as well, not my favorites but still pretty good. Passion fruit and Strawberry Sorbet were the limited edition flavors last summer and I was really excited to find them finally in store in San Francisco but was disappointed that past a nice, light scent there was no flavor and no real "oomph" or anything spectacular about it. They also carry Vanilla Bean, Pomegranate Raspberry, and Sweet Mint in their tube forms. I was not a fan at all of the Vanilla Bean but I didn't mind the Pomegranate Raspberry. It may have been the sticks I received but the scents/flavors didn't compare to the spheres. I'll try them again but for now, I'm sticking to the spheres.

Wear: The sphere takes a second to get warmed up and quickly does and goes on great. It's not a slick application, it's always a little stiff but if it weren't the sphere would most likely not hold its shape at all. The coverage is great, using the sphere is much different from the usual lip balms you find in stores. The round shape of the sphere allows you to place balm where you want it, but once you get to a flat state like mine, balm can stray off the lips but that's only if you decide to forgo maintaining the spherical shape of the balm. My lips always feel really smooth after application and it usually lasts at least an hour.

Packaging: The balms come in cute colorful spheres, each color coded to match their flavor. Very original packaging, not your usual drugstore tube. It definitely makes you stand out but the sphere is harder to carry around than your usual tube if you're trying to fit it into your jeans pocket. What else is there to say, the packaging is awesome and unique!

Price: The price varies depending on where you buy. You can get them at Walmart for about $2.96 which is a great price for what you get, but if you buy from other places you may pay anywhere from $3.25-$4. You also get 0.25oz for around the same price as an average tube of lip balm which is only 0.15oz, which means this balm lasts you longer than your normal lip balm for about the same price. Wonderful!

Overall:
Pros: Packaging, Price, Variety in Flavors, Wear, Long Lasting, Most Organic
Cons: Only one flavor has SPF, Can't fit in jean pocket


Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, there isn't enough good stuff I can say about this balm. If you haven't tried them yet, you are definitely missing out!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that EOS lip balm is a truly ingenius idea and has impacted the lip balm world forever. Athough they are a little hard to carry around, the flavors, scents, and effects are totally worth it.Thanks for making the article, The Chapstick Wrangler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input! It is my pleasure to write these reviews for you and all my readers. I would really love to see eos come out with a new flavor in the future. It's been a while since they released Strawberry Sorbet and Passion fruit, I'm ready for more!

      Thank you for reading!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love EOS lip balms! Im addicted to them, love all the ones I got but must say Passion Fruit is my least favorite but doesn't stop me from buying it if it's the only one available at the store. I disagree with everyone who says they don't fit in jean pockets, what kind of jeans are y'all wearing cuz they fit just fine in my pockets! The price of these are unbelievable for the quality of balm you get, $2.83! I have a stockpile starting! I give them 5+ stars and recommend them to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...