Thursday, January 19, 2012

Softlips: "Best of" Classics 5-pack + Raspberry

It seems just about time to do another post about one of my favorite lip balm brands, Softlips! I've decided to break up the sections according to their "Best of" packs on their website and then do their other special balms that don't fit into those categories in their own post. Of course I will also have to do a separate post on the Canadian flavors and lines of lip balm that I've got mixed into my collection. It's probably a little unhealthy to have as many Softlips tubes as I do, but I can't help it! With so many flavors and options, it's hard not to acquire so many! I suppose we should get right to it:

Company:Softlips

Flavors: Cherry, Mint with a Hint of Vanilla, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Wildberry. True to the majority of their flavors, these balms smell absolutely delicious! My personal favorite from this bunch is Mint with a Hint of Vanilla, it's a pleasant mint (by now you should all know I love mint balms) with a refreshing splash of Vanilla. It is such a lovely and interesting combination, perfect for any day. Next would probably be Strawberry, it's got a great scent and has a little different spin on Strawberry. It feels a little tingly on my lips after application but I like it. The Vanilla (another one of my favorite flavors) is also a light vanilla flavor and scent and great on it's own or mixed with another flavor. Wildberry I feel like has the best scent out of any of the others in this 5-pack, it smells just like fresh berries! The Cherry is probably my least favorite just because I am not a huge fan of Cherry flavored lip balms, but I've had many friends who actually think of it as their favorite. Another flavor I'm going to include in here, although it's not part of the "Best of" Classics 5-pack, is Raspberry with Green Tea Extract because I feel like it's another one of those "everyday" flavors that they carry. This one is probably the second best smelling out of the six flavors listed here and it is definitely my boyfriend's favorite Softlips flavor. All in all, every balm listed here is a winner. You can't really go wrong with any of these.

Wear: Like every tube of Softlips, every one glides on with ease right from the start. The smaller diameter allows for precise application onto your lips without fear that it will spread over around your mouth (unless that's how you want to put it on, by all means, please go ahead). The smaller diameter does mean that extra swipes are necessary to get full coverage but the scents are so delightful and they go on so smoothly, I doubt anyone would truly consider this a downfall to the application. Each tube also has an SPF of 20 which is always a fabulous bonus.

Packaging: Thin, long white tubes with colors of the company name and flavor matching the flavor of the balm. The tubes look very pleasant and are cute to carry around.

Price: Around $3 for a pack of two which is great for getting two balms, sometimes you can also find packs with two different flavors. However the tubes are about half the size of a usual tube so in comparison you're paying about the same amount for two tubes of Softlips as you pay for one tube of your average lip balm. I don't see any downside to this since I'm not paying any more money for them than I usually would.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Price, Packaging, Smooth Application
Cons:More swipes for proper coverage(?)

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...