Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Naked Bee: Orange Blossom Honey

Today I decided to return to Balboa Island to continue my chapstick safari since I was able to find lip balms I didn't already own. I went up and down one street making sure to pop into every store that seemed like it would carry some exotic lip balm (i.e. something I haven't found in Chicago, yet). Just when I was going to skip over a random books, toys, and gifts store I felt compelled to enter thinking it may just be the place I need to check out to find a new hidden gem. Low and behold, I found a new lip balm (I actually found two during this trip today, the review for the second will follow shortly). 

I read the flavor, Orange Blossom Honey, and I had to rethink my decision on whether to buy or not. You see, I'm not a fan of floral and also not a fan of honey. I've tried two other honey flavored balms and couldn't wait to get them off my lips. I saw that this brand, The Naked Bee, also carried lotion in the same scent so I tried that first to see if I liked the smell (the lotion made my hands super, super soft which was great because I also have a large collection of lotion). To my surprise, I really enjoyed the scent and was pleased with what the lotion did to my hands so I figured why not give the balm a shot.

Company: The Naked Bee

Flavor: Orange Blossom Honey; the balm is lightly scented, smells like honey with something slightly different in it. I don't like honey so was surprised I liked this scent. There's no flavor which keeps me from licking it off my lips.

Wear: It should be known that after I bought this, I gave it to my boyfriend to hold in his pocket since I was still seeing how long a different balm would last. So after walking around for another hour the balm was soft and had an absolutely perfect first application. I plan on letting the balm sit out for a bit before I try again, but the glide was incredible. I could see this balm being a little stiff if not warmed in a pocket since I've seen that trend with natural lip balms. The balm makes my lips super soft and moist. It lasts at least an hour, so not bad. And although it has organic ingredients, it still has an SPF of 15 which was great for my hike back from Balboa Island.

Packaging: Standard lip balm tube, 0.15oz (4g). It has a black cap and yellow label with a cute logo on it and their slogan "All of the good stuff, none of the bad stuff" on it. Pretty simple.

Price: $2.99, great price for this product. The creators try to keep the prices low so every body can afford their products. 

Overall:
Pros:Good application, long lasting, price, packaging, SPF, pleasant scent, natural
Cons: No other flavors, can't purchase online 

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...