Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Softlips: "Best of" Beach Pack



Today I was surprised with a belated Christmas gift, a "Best of" Softlips Beach 
pack containing five tubes of lip balm! The boyfriend definitely always knows 
just what to get me. 

Softlips has always been one of my favorite brands, mostly because they have 
tons and tons of flavors and have cute, thin tubes for their chapstick. I 
believe I have almost every flavor available in the US except one and almost 
every Softlips flavor available in Canada as well (one of my closest friends 
also knows what to get me every time she visits there). 

Rather than bogging down one entry with a single review for every single flavor, 
I'll break up my collection into parts. I haven't quite yet decided how to do 
it, so we'll just play it by ear. 

I should start with the pack I received today. This pack contained a stick of 
Passion Fruit, a stick of Coconut Cream, a stick of Peach Mango, a stick of the 
lip tint Rose, and a stick of the lip tint Pearl. I was really excited about 
this specific five pack because Passion Fruit can only be found online and it was 
one of the last flavors I needed to complete my softlips collection (Sugar and 
Spice is the last). The "Best of" packs can be bought online from Softlips.

Company: Softlips 

Flavors: Passion Fruit, Coconut Cream, Peach Mango, Rose tint, and Pearl tint. 

Passion Fruit-very fruity scent, sweet, no actual flavor 

Coconut Cream-delicious scent! I love coconut so this flavor was bound to win 
my affection

Peach Mango-very fruity scent, love it, sweet but not overbearing, slight taste 
(found myself licking my lips, but could definitely be just because it smells 
incredible)

Rose-pleasant scent, lightly scented

Pearl-lightly scented and pleasant, lighter color than Rose

Wear: Very smooth, it goes on easy right from the beginning. The sticks are 
thinner than your average lip balm tube, so a few swipes is necessary for full 
coverage which isn't awful since all of the flavors are wonderful. some may find 
that annoying, but the sticks are so smooth it really doesn't take that much 
time. Most sticks have an SPF of at least 15 which is great for that added 
protection from the sun.

Packaging: Thin, longer tubes, very cute. They are white with their company's 
name in a cute font and colored fonts different for each flavor.

Price: Around $3 for a pack of two. The price isn't bad, it's around the usual 
price for a good lip balm but the sticks are 0.7oz (2g) which is half the weight 
of a standard tube of lip balm.

Overall:
Pros: Cute, tons of flavors, SPF, price, smooth application
Cons: Smaller tubes, more swipes for proper coverage 

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...