Wednesday, January 4, 2012

e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Balm

Last night we made a run to Target, I needed a new foundation brush and some other make up tools and love using e.l.f. products, so I was surprised to finally find one of their balms in store. I've seen them online but never in store so I figured, why not give this one a try since I like so many of their other products. 

Company: eyes lips face

Flavors: Strawberry Creme, Blackberry Creme, Vanilla Creme, and Orange Creme. The flavor I picked up last night was strawberry creme. It has a light but fruity scent, it smells delicious. It doesn't really have a taste which is good, but I am also compelled to not lick my lips because of how greasy it feels on my lips.

Wear: It went on smooth right from the get go, being a "therapeutic" conditioning balm I would expect a quick and easy application. It provided proper coverage with a few swipes. It does feel really greasy on my lips, I may have applied too much but I don't think so. Also, I happened to take a deep breath through my mouth and felt like the product had coated the roof of my mouth and made my lips feel very strange. It may just have been me, but nonetheless it was a very unpleasant feeling. There is also no SPF in the product. But it does last about an hour which is pretty good.

Packaging: It has a simple packaging similar to all e.l.f. products. The balm is kept in a thin, white tube with just the product's name on it. It is smaller in diameter than your standard lip balm tube, but the same size as a tube of Softlips. The packaging is very clean and simple. Easy to carry.

Price: $1, I suppose you get what you pay for. It's quite the bargain and much cheaper than your usual lip balms. 

Overall: 
Pros: simple packaging, price, scent, smooth application, lasts at least an hour 
Cons: greasy, no SPF, 

Rating: 1 out of 5 twists, I really didn't enjoy how greasy it felt and how it made my lips feel. I'll reconsider later, maybe it was just this flavor but I wasn't at all impressed by this product. I'd rather spend the extra buck or two and get a better balm. I did see that the product received a 4 out of 5 stars on the website so I may try to give it another shot in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...