Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lush Lip Candy (Fresh and Natural Co)


I placed this order a while ago and am so excited it came today! I hope you guys have tried Lush Lip Candy/Fresh and Natural Co already but if you haven't, get to it! I ordered a lip balm and lip scrub combo and since it was a buy one get one free deal, I received two lip balms and two lip scrubs..or I thought that's what I'd receive at least. The lip scrubs will be reviewed in the near future when I've got a real opportunity to use them. I've never used a lip scrub before so it'll be quite the adventure! Also, I apologize for the crazy amount of pictures, I was really obsessed with the packaging and taking pictures outdoors. Without further adieu....


Seriously, look at how cute the packaging is on these!
This is definitely different from before and I LOVE it!

Company: Lush Lip Candy (now Fresh and Natural Co)

Flavors: Blueberry Lemonade, Acai Peach & Papaya, Glamour Girl, and Blushing Apricot. Glamour Girl and Blushing Apricot are lip tints that I received as freebies; I was very surprised when I opened the package and found four tubes instead of two. Although I'm not a huge lip tint fan (I prefer colorless, deliciously scented balms) I will write about what I think of them. The Blueberry Lemonade is a PERFECT blend of Blueberries and sweet, tangy lemonade. I say this one is up near my Lemon and Blueberry from C.O. Bigelow (reviewed here) and the Blueberry Lemon from Orange Thyme (reviewed here). I just love this combination of two of my favorite things! I had no idea what to expect from the Acai Peach & Papaya balm; it is such a crazy blend of different complementary flavors. It smells so sweet, like candy. I can't really describe what it's like but it is fruity and pleasant. I don't think I'm that big of an Acai berry fan but I didn't mind it in this balm. The Glamour Girl has no scent really, I thought it was a little minty at first but it's pretty unscented. Blushing Apricot was the same way.
Blushing Apricot is on the
left and Glamour girl is on
the right.

Wear: True to the previous balms I've purchased, these balms go on SO smooth! There is no fight in these balms, they just melt on your lips and go on so easily. There's great coverage too! I love oval shaped tubes, I just feel that they contour to your lips better than circular tubes. Glamour girl is a light red color, it doesn't show up on my skin and doesn't show up really on my lips. The Blushing Apricot makes my lips look a little bronze and I think that's the color it was going for.

Packaging: Like I said, these balms are kept in oval tubes and have very cute labels! The labels match the flavor and there is a big section dedicated to the balms flavor. These balms are just adorable. Also, she changed the material the labels are made out of! They are no longer just paper, they are waxy which is great to prevent fading of the label over time. Yay!

Price: A lip balm and scrub set costs $6. I think that's quite a deal! A lip balm alone is $3.25 and a lip tint is $5.50. A scrub alone is $4. I always think these balms are worth it and the prices are always crazy reasonable.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, packaging, price, wear, natural
Cons: Nothing

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. Do yourself a favor and try these balms! There are TONS of flavors and flavor combinations, you will definitely find something that fits your tastes.

Ingredients:
For Balms: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Avocado Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Chamomile Extract, Orchid Extract, Vitamin E, Natural Flavor Oils and Natural Sweetener.

For Lip Tints: Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Chamomile Extract, Orchid Extract, Flavor Oil, Natural Sweetener, (May contain Mica, FD&C Color, Carmine, Iron Oxide and Titanium Dioxide).


Have you tried these balms yet? Which flavors do you have your eyes on?

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review! I love the blueberry lemonade flavor too, it's one of my favorites! I posted a link to your blog on our Facebook page, so maybe you will get more readers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for doing that, Jocelyne, I really appreciate it! I'm making sure my readers know that you are now Fresh and Natural Co. and no longer Lush Lip Candy. I plan on ordering more products in the future, thank you for such awesome balms and scrubs!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  2. I think this company deserves a 5 out of 5 twists! I love the lip balms. They melt on your lips and the scent lasts. I haven't encountered a flavor I don't like. Her prices are very reasonable and the little gift she throws in makes you feel extra special as a customer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear how much you love these balms! They really are just fabulous, aren't they? I love the little gifts and the extra effort that she puts into packaging her products.

      Thank you so much for sharing!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  3. I have 9 balms from Fresh & Natural Co. and love them all! The only scent I tried so far that didn't agree with me was the Honeysuckle Nectarine. For some reason it irritated my lips. I love the scent though! I'm eyeing a few more balms already! Strawberry Banana and Fizzy Grape Soda are at the top of my list! Thanks for another great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been interested in trying the Honeysuckle Nectarine, it sounds like such an interesting combination. Sorry to hear that it irritated your lips! I have to stay away from her website otherwise I'm picking out new flavors left and right. Let me know which ones you decide to buy, if you buy them!

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  4. Don't get me wrong, the scent is AMAZING! It's the only one that made my lips feel itchy. Must be something in that particular oil. My son still likes to use it though and seems to be just fine!

    Her new website is very well put together and I'm eyeing a few things as we speak! I'm so addicted! Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask you. Where do you store all your balms?? I'm running out of counter space in my bathroom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's good, at least it wasn't a total waste! I love being able to pawn off lip balms that I'm not too fond of onto my sisters.

      I love the new website, it's so easy to maneuver through. I was wondering when someone would ask how I store all my balms haha. I store almost all of them in a three drawer plastic container that fits on my bathroom counter. Well..at least I started with a three drawer one, I had to add on a five drawer one to hold all of them! My five drawer is just about at capacity (yes, I really do have THAT much lip balm). You can get the 3 drawer and 5 drawer units for about $10 I think. I also have a small container that sits in my headboard that usually has 10-15 balms in it. I think one of my future posts will be a walk through of my lip balm collection and how I store it all.

      Let me know how you decide to solve your disappearing counter space problem =P.

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  5. Yes, I would love to see some pictures! I had a cute little basket in my bathroom but it's now overflowing! My hubby is getting annoyed with me hehe! Now I have two baskets. :/ I was looking at some of those drawer the other day but haven't bought any yet. I might not have a choice soon! Just ordered 4 more balms from Fresh &Natural. Fizzy Grape Soda, Strawberry Banana, Mango Peach and Chai Tea Latte. Oh dear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any cool storage places for my lip balms. I have one sitting at my computer desk at work, one at my computer desk at home, one or two in my purse, and the rest are in a drawer in my bathroom! I had a huge collection at one point, but I've whittled it down over time. Thrown some out that I just couldn't stand, gave some away to my mother in law, and I should really clean out that drawer again soon! lol I think getting a mini storage unit like yours sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to put all of my balms into one drawer but there just isn't any room! I really love having my plastic storage drawers, they fit on the counter and you can buy extra sets of storage drawers which fit on top of the existing ones perfectly. I should really clean out my drawers but it would be so hard for me to decide which ones to toss out! I'll have to do a post very soon about how I store my lip balms.

      Thanks for sharing!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...