Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jadewicks

I finally received my order from Jadewicks! After months of eyeing her balms and the frequent recommendations by others to try them, I took the plunge! I was also glad that these balms didn't melt with how hot it's been outside. Here's the low down on these highly anticipated balms.

I love extra care in the packaging like this! It really is the little
things.
Company: Jadewicks

Flavors: Blood Orange, Sparkling Lychee, Asian Peach, and Chamomile Pear. Christine was nice enough to throw in a free sample of Chamomile Pear! Yay! The Blood Orange isn't as "bloody" as I'd like to it be, if that makes sense. My really good blood orange balms have a huge indicator that they're blood orange instead of just orange. This balm, unfortunately for me, seems just like sweet orange. Not saying that's bad, I do love orange flavored balms, but I was hoping for a sharp, distinct scent of blood orange. The Sparkling Lychee is hard to get the scent I think. It's not crazy strong so the first time I smelled it I thought there was no scent at all. But if you inhale a little more you get it! It's a very light lychee scent! This is to be expected since lychee fruit don't really have a crazy strong scent. I thought this would be my favorite scent of the bunch, followed by Blood Orange but it wasn't. I definitely liked the Asian Peach the best. The Asian Peach is really pleasant, it's peach with a very, very tiny hint of ginger. I'm not a huge fan of ginger but I was hoping for just a smidge more ginger but I can't really complain! It smells absolutely delicious! The Chamomile Pear is wonderful. It is a soft, crisp pear scent. There's not really anything much to say there; it is as it says it should be. I was hoping these flavors would have a stronger punch since I LOVE balms with strong, delicious scents. But, if you like softer scented balms, these may be the ones for you!

Wear: These balms go on very smooth. The very first use for each balm I had to struggle a little to get it going but once it was going it was good to go! It goes on super smooth. However, I can still feel the chapped-ness of my lips through the balm so I'm not sure if it completely nourishes and moisturizes my lips deeply. I have other balms where you can't feel any chapped-ness after applying and maybe that makes me biased. The balm lasts about two hours which is great!

Packaging: These tubes are so simple and to the point, I love it! There is no extra clutter on the labels or anything distracting. Just simple a white tube of average size with a colored band matching the flavor and a colored line on the label. I love the simplicity of these balms. This is a good example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, these balms are not simple or plain.

Price: 3 tubes for $9. Not too shabby for a natural balm especially since every order gets a free sample. The samples are not "sample" size either, they're full sized (at least for the lip balm)!

Overall: 
Pros: Flavors, Packaging, Wear, Price, Sample with every order
Cons:


Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. I would definitely recommend trying these balms, you get a free sample with every order and the balms are made fresh when you order. You even get to pick what sample you want! What more could you ask for? I now see why these balms are always recommended to me!

Ingredients: 

Sparkling Lychee, Blood Orange, Asian Peach: Beeswax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopherol, Flavor.

Chamomile Pear: Beeswax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopherol, Flavor, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract.

3 comments:

  1. Glad that you finally were able to try and review Christine's balms! I also recommend the Mojito and Thai Coconut flavors! Hope that your MCAT exams went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you so much for the recommendation! I really want to try the Thai Coconut flavor, it sounds so interesting. And thank you, I've got my fingers crossed that I did okay =).

      --The Chapstick Wrangler

      Delete
  2. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...