Thursday, June 21, 2012

C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries Part II

Hi all!

I can finally let go of some of the stress that's been following me night and day for the last couple of months. Woohoo! Last week my boyfriend and I went to go check out the Bath and Body Works Semi Annual Sale (I can't help but go every time they have one). Most of the stuff I had on my "must-buy" list was not found in the store because they had already sold out (I went on the second day of the sale!). So as I was wandering throughout the store I found where they were getting rid of a ton of Liplicious Lip Glosses, I looked at the lip glosses and didn't really care for them. That's when I realized that they were also getting rid of a ton of lip balm! I never wanted to buy these lip balms before because they were SO expensive for a single tube, but for $3 I couldn't pass them up! I bought two different brands of lip balm, one of which will be in this review for this week.


I apologize for the poor quality in these photos,
the sun is long gone as I am writing this way too
late in the day.
Company: C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries

Flavors: Vanilla Mint and Cinnamint. The Vanilla Mint is an AMAZING blend of vanilla and mint. They're both pretty subtle as flavors but they're definitely there. There's really not much else to say about that one except that if you like mint and vanilla, this is definitely a balm you should try. I didn't know how I would feel about the Cinnamint because I've never had a lip balm that had cinnamon in it. I do like cinnamon though! It was a very light cinnamon scent mixed with mint, I thought it would be a little unusual but I actually find it quite pleasant. Neither flavor is super strong which is great because I couldn't imagine putting a ton of cinnamon on my lips.

Wear: They go on pretty smooth and REALLY thick. You only need about one or one and a half swipes per lip to get good coverage. I think the balm is bigger in diameter than a usual stick of lip balm so it covers really well. Also, I didn't know this until I had gotten home and looked up the lip balm, these balms go on with a matte finish. There's no shine at all! It really blows my mind! I don't know why I think it's so amazing (it's probably because all my balms go on shiny). This would probably be great for any male readers out there! Also, they last about two hours or more even with me biting and licking my lips.

Packaging: The tubes are a little thicker than average balms I think. Also both tubes have black caps and labels that pertain to the flavor of the tube. I think this tubes look a little more classy compared to usual balms. It may be just me but there's something fancy about the packaging of these balms.

Price: These balms are usually $7.50 a piece and there's NO WAY I'd pay that much for a tube of balm. Usually these balms qualify for the buy two get one free lip care at Bath and Body Works. However, since the Semi Annual Sale is underway, you can find these balms for $3 a piece! That is TOTALLY worth it for these balms.

Overall:
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price, Unisex (packaging and matte finish)
These lip balms are even kitty approved!
Cons: Not enough flavors!

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. These balms are PHENOMENAL. I'd definitely head to a Bath and Body Works near you to grab one of these babies before they're gone.

Ingredients:

For Vanilla Mint: Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beeswax (Cera Alba, Cire d'abeille), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina, Cire Microcristalline), Polyethylene, Myristyl Myristate, Ozokerite, C18-70 Isoparaffin, Flavor (Aroma), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sodium Saccharin, Menthyl Lactate. (taken from here)

For Cinnamint: Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beeswax (Cera Alba, Cire d'abeille), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina, Cire Microcristalline), Polyethylene, Myristyl Myristate, Ozokerite, C18-70 Isoparaffin, Flavor (Aroma), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool. (taken from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...