Friday, June 8, 2012

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm

I can’t really remember when I picked up this balm; pretty sure it was when I was visiting the boyfriend at school one weekend. I had just always seen it at every place I’d ever looked for lip balms (okay a slight exaggeration but you catch my drift…it was pretty common) and figured, why not. It wasn’t crazy expensive and I hadn’t picked up a balm in a while so I went for it. Here’s the breakdown:

Company: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Lip Balm

Flavor:I guess this flavor is called Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm since the other flavors that have actual flavors to them are called by other names; those other flavors are also contained in squeeze tubes so I'd imagine they are more of a gloss than an actual "balm". This balm has a very light scent of cocoa-y goodness. It’s almost unscented, but if you’re patient enough to take a good whiff…you’ll detect a slight undertone of cocoa. You’d expect that of course because it is the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula.

Wear: This balm glides on great, when my lips are SUPER chapped this balm seems to glide over the chappedness (I know, this is not a word) with ease. It also makes my lips feel SUPER moisturized and nourished…my lips feel much smoother and softer once it’s on. It contains Vitamin E and has an SPF of 15 which is great.

Packaging: This tube seems very basic to me; I feel like all Palmer’s products have had the same look for forever—but why change the outside when the inside is so great? The tube is white with a light blue label on it. Palmer’s is in an Orange oval on the front which sticks out on this blue label. To twist up the balm you twist the whole bottom of the tube instead of a little twister at the bottom (similar to Kiss My Face products if you’ve ever used them—which reminds me, I should write a review on them soon because I don’t think I have yet).

Price: I think it was around $2-3 which is not too shabby. It’s great if your lips are SUPER chapped (I will stop saying “SUPER” soon I promise…but this balm is SUPER).

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, Wear, Packaging, Price…all were great
Cons: I don’t really like all of the chemicals that go into making this balm. Also, maybe more availability of other flavors? I've only ever seen this one flavor, but I'd definitely like to try the others (even if they are in squeeze tubes)!
Rating: 3.75 out of 5 twists, it’s a great balm but a little on the basic side; I like my balms to usually have a really distinct scent and flavor. But, I really like to use this balm under lipstick and when my lips are SUPER dry (last time, I promise).

Ingredients: Octinoxate, oxybenzone, dimethicone, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, coppernicia cerifera wax, theobroma cocoa seed butter, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, beta carotene, isopropyl myristate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...