Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ripe Shop Part VIII

Okay, I know I just got this balms like a week ago, but I'm in love and I couldn't wait to tell you guys all about them! I originally had them scheduled to be reviewed next week, but I just had to move it to today. I hope you enjoy =).

Company: Ripe Shop

Flavors: Gingerbread Eggnog and Matcha Green Tea. The Gingerbread Eggnog is perfect for the holidays! It smells of spicy gingerbread cookie and rich and creamy eggnog. It's not a punch-you-in-the-face strong kind of scent, but it's definitely just enough to make you wish it was Christmas already. I think these would make great holiday gifts, perhaps as a stocking stuffer! I've been trying to find any excuse to use the Matcha Green Tea this week, it's been by my side since I got it and I'm pretty much never going to let it out of my sight. This smells amazingly like matcha green tea, if you're a tea fan, you're going to love this balm. I cannot believe how much this smells like green tea, it's really just amazing and definitely one of my most favorite balms from Ripe Shop.

Wear: These balms feel like they have a different consistency than my usual Ripe Shop balms. These ones are much more solid and super creamy. Normally I say you have to be gentle when you first start using a new Ripe Shop balm, but definitely not with these ones. These also go on crazy smooth and just feel so good going on and while you're wearing them. You only need one swipe on top and one swipe on bottom and you're good for a couple of hours! Honestly it's so hard to explain, but the consistency definitely feels different to me, in an absolutely amazing way! I think, at least for the Matcha Green Tea, that it's because of the avocado being used as the first ingredient.

Packaging: These come in lovely oval tubes with white labels. The labels have the flavor of the balm right on the front which makes it super easy to tell them apart. I love the way these labels look, they're very clean looking while still maintaining that handmade quality you know and love.

Price: The Gingerbread Eggnog is $4 and the Matcha Green Tea is $5, both are totally worth it. The Matcha Green Tea is a little more but I'm not surprised at all because it has actual organic matcha green tea in it!

Overall
Pros: Flavor, Wear(!), Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. I would definitely recommend these balms to anyone! Especially the Matcha Green Tea! Maybe I'm biased because I love green tea (and tea in general), but I think it's pretty wonderful.

Ingredients:
Gingerbread Eggnog: sweet almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax, avocado oil, cocoa & shea butters, vitamin E, flavor
Matcha Green Tea: avocado, coconut, jojoba & sweet almond oils, beeswax, cocoa & shea butters, organic matcha green tea, flavor

Have you tried these balms from Ripe Shop yet? What did you think of them?
-------------------------------
These balms were provided complimentary to me by Adriana from Ripe Shop, however, all opinions are strictly my own. Thank you Adriana for sending me these amazing balms!
-------------------------------------
**Don't forget to enter the Ripe Shop giveaway here. Good luck!!**

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thank you so much for reviewing these :) I am not being biased, but I also have the matcha balm at my side all the time now. Recently I have tried to get a firmer balm out of my batches, so thanks for noticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Thank you for sending these to me! I LOVE the firmer texture. I loved your balms before, but somehow it's become possible for me to love them even more!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...