Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fresh and Natural Co. (Lush Lip Candy) Lip Scrubs!

One of my readers, after trying Lush Lip Candy (now Fresh and Natural Co), told me to try their lip scrubs. I had never used a lip scrub before (I know it's crazy), and was kinda unsure about them. I was interested in them because I love using bath scrubs and how well they exfoliate my skin and thought something similar for my lips would be great! I looked at one other company but they didn't have too much and I usually don't find lip scrubs from lip balm companies. I'm glad I was pushed to try one of Fresh and Natural Co.'s lip scrubs, my lips feel fabulous!

Company: Fresh and Natural Co. (previously Lush Lip Candy)

I'm still obsessed with the packaging these scrubs (and lip
balms from last week) came in. So cute!
Flavors: Coconut Lemongrass and Mango & Papaya. The Coconut Lemongrass is phenomenal! It smells just like candy! It's so sweet and delicious, just like the balm (if you haven't tried it yet, get to it!). The Mango & Papaya is also so fruity and delicious, if you like tropical fruits this is definitely a flavor to try (if you're not into lip scrubs, perhaps try it in a lip balm). All of the flavors on their website can be done for balms or scrubs, you can get matching ones or try out a combination of two different ones!


Wear: Instead of doing my usual "wear" section, this will be more like how I applied it (I don't really know if it's correct or not because I've never used a lip scrub before, so bear with me and correct me if I'm doing something wrong!) First, I wet my lips a little, I had a little bit of lip balm left on my lips and wanted a clean surface. Then, I took a little bit of product and applied it to my bottom lip. I worked the scrub in small, gentle circular motions across my bottom lip and then my top lip. I was looking pretty ridiculous with all this sugar across my lips and trying not to eat it because it smelled so delicious! Once I thought I had exfoliated my lips enough, I rinsed them off with water. I then dried my lips and applied a lip balm. Remember to apply a lip balm right after so you're lips are extra smooth! I can't believe how soft my lips feel after using that balm. I regret not trying a lip scrub sooner! I think what would make this lip scrub even better is if it came with a tiny spatula to apply scrub to your lips. This is absolutely not a huge issue but since I have nails that are a bit on the long side, it isn't that easy to get scrub out without getting it underneath my nail.


Packaging: These scrubs come in tiny pots similar to lip balm pots. They're clear pots with black lids and a super cute label on top with the flavor on it. I can't get over how adorable these pots look! I definitely think these two pots will last me a while with how little product I use each time. I almost wish lip balm came in these pots, that's how cute they are! (For those of you who haven't been following along entirely, I am not a huge fan of lip balm pots.)

Price: One pot is $4 and if you do a lip balm and lip scrub set it is $6. $2 more for an extra lip balm? That's quite a deal! Everything is all natural too, this is a win in my book!

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, Application, Packaging, Price, Variety of flavors, softness of lips
Cons:

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists. These lip scrubs are AMAZING. If you're in the market for a lip scrub, do not hesitate to try these! I absolutely loved them! I may be biased because I've never tried another kind before (and I am more than willing to try any suggestion for other lip scrubs) but, these were just fabulous.

Ingredients: Pure Cane Sugar, Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Avocado Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Chamomile Extract, Orchid Extract, Vitamin E, Flavor Oil and Natural Sweetener.
Have you tried these lip scrubs before? If not, what kind of lip scrub do you use, if you use one?

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like these scrubs! I use mine once or twice a week to keep my lips nice and soft. They smell so good it's hard not to lick them off! The good thing is, they are natural so it's not a big deal if you do take a little taste. I love that you can get them in all the same flavors as the balms too. I don't have long nails but maybe you could try a q-tip for application. Might make it a bit easier next time. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recommending them to me! I'm so glad I have them as part of my collection now =). I love that they are natural so it's not horrible if I get a little in my mouth on accident. I will definitely try a q-tip next time and try to find other things to make applying it a little easier for me.

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  2. I just got my latest order from Jocelyne and as always, I'm very impressed! I ordered 4 balms in Mango Peach, Strawberry Banana (which I used first, love!), Fizzy Grape Soda and Chai Tea Latte. They all smell dead on as always. I want to eat the Chai Tea Latte one, it reminds me a bit of pumpkin pie, it's just perfect! I really want to try her soaps next time I order, I've been eyeing the Summer Citrus for quite a while! :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those all sound fantastic! I really want to try the Mango Peach and Strawberry Banana. There are so many of her flavors I still want to try like Lemon Creme, Passionfruit, and Pina Colada. I really want to try her body frostings or after sun parfaits, but will definitely check out her soaps next time I'm shopping!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  3. There are SO many more flavors I want

    to try! Like Marshmallow Fluff and Kahlua Cream. I'm out of control LOL! I really love all the flavors I chose this time. I'm wearing Chai Tea Latte now and it smells JUST like the tea with some cream stirred in. Yum!

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those both sound good! I love when you can order lip balm and be completely happy with every balm in the bunch. It's always so disappointing to get one flavor that just doesn't compare to the others. That Chai Tea Latte sounds fabulous, I'm glad you're so happy with it!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful! I can still smell it almost 2 hours later and it still feels awesome. I think this one is a new favorite. :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! All of this chatting has actually given me an idea, would you be interested in doing a guest review by chance? Maybe picking one of your favorite companies that I haven't covered or even one that I have but different flavors and reviewing it? It's a new feature that I'm thinking about implementing and I think you'd be a great candidate for a guest review slot! You can e-mail me at lipbalmwrangler@gmail.com if you're interested!

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  5. Love your blog lip balm wrangler!(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had placed a large order with Jocelyne last month, as I was planning on giving away her lip balms at the wedding show I'm attending as little gifts to customers who buy my clutches. Unfortunately, her computer crashed and she lost all her label files!! :( Which means no lip balms for me. I'd even ordered her lip balm and scrub combo, in the coconut lemongrass flavour (because you loved it so much I just HAD to try it!) and I don't even know when I'll get that one. :( Poor Jocelyne. I can't wait till she's up and running again so I can try her lovely products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really stinks! I heard about her computer problems and I feel so bad for her and the people who purchased since she had just had a big sale prior to the crash. =(. The Coconut Lemongrass is to die for, it's so lovely! She'll definitely bounce back from this and come back strong, you'll have to let me know how you like the lip balm and scrub once you get to try them (whenever that may be =().

      --The Lip Balm Wrangler

      Delete
  7. I'm just dying to try these! It's so sad that I can't find her shop anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, her products are so good! She actually opened up for a few hours last week under a different shop name. She's definitely planning to be back, and when she is I'll definitely let you know about it! She closed because her computer crashed and she lost a lot of stuff, but she'll be up and running before you know it!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...