Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Symbolic Imports

These are some more balms that I've had for a while, they were part of my huge lip balm buying spree that commenced on Black Friday and the weekend after. I'm always open to trying new shops, especially if they're having a sale! It's always nice when I get to try something new at a discount.

Company: Symbolic Imports

Flavors: Coconut and Chocolate Mint. The Coconut is a really wonderful warm coconut scent. It smells a little more like toasted coconut (similar to Orange Thyme's Toasted Coconut) to me, but either way it's lovely! If you're a fan of coconut, you'll probably like this balm! The Chocolate Mint also smells incredible! It's a perfect blend of rich chocolate and mint, it reminds me of those amazing Andes mints that I can never get enough of! I'm tempted to take a bite of this balm and see if it tastes as good as it smells! (Okay clearly I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture right?)

Wear: These balms both go on incredibly smooth and creamy. They feel so luscious on my lips! They go on just thick enough that it's not overbearing and they feel super moisturizing.

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized lip balm tubes with labels that are colored to match the flavor of the balm; a brown label for Coconut and a green label for Chocolate Mint. The labels are pretty simple and to the point with the shop name, flavor of the balm and ingredients printed on them. One qualm I have with the label on the coconut balm is that the label is dark brown and the font color is black, making it super, super hard to read unless I hold it close up. I think maybe white would have been a better font color as it would be a very good contrast to the dark brown.

Price: $4 per tube which isn't too outrageous for the quality of these balms. I think for Black Friday I was able to get both of these balms for $5.60! Score!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. These balms were pretty darn good. I wish they had a wider variety of flavors, I'd definitely be interested in trying some different ones.

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Flavor Oil

Have you tried Symbolic Imports balms before? What did you think of them?

***Don't forget to enter my Chapstick Cupcake giveaway here!!***

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Christina for being such a loyal lip balm enthusiast and for the feature of my shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Thank you for the wonderful balms!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...