Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bungalow Bath & Body Part II

A little while ago Bungalow Bath & Body had a sale for 25% off their products, yes 25%, and everyone knows I can't avoid a sale. Especially if it's on lip balm! I really behaved myself though and refrained from buying six or seven lip balms like I've been known to do during sales and only bought two.

Company: Bungalow Bath & Body

Flavors: Lemon Cheesecake and Cake Batter. The Lemon Cheesecake smells wonderful! It's a lovely lemon scent combined with the rich and creamy scent of cheesecake. The lemony part of this balm isn't super strong or overpowering, it's really mellow and light actually. There's something a little off about the scent that makes it not as sweet as I like, but it's still wonderful. The Cake Batter is amazing. Ever since I fell in love with Chapstick's Cake Batter balm, I've been trying to find a really good handmade cake batter balm, and I think I've finally found it! This balm smells just like a slice of cake with a heaping load of sugary, sweet frosting. If you've been wanting a great cake batter balm, this is one you definitely want to try!

Wear: These balms went on smooth and creamy at first, when I first got these balms, but now they kind of go on a little slick and oily. I've actually found now that when I apply them, the whole top layer of the tube that's exposed comes off with it. Maybe mine just softened up way too much? I mean of course they still make my lips feel smooth, but I was kind of distracted by getting lip balm all over my lips and in my mouth. Maybe I just don't know my own strength and need to apply my balms with less force haha.

Packaging: These come in those oval tubes I love. Each one has a different colored label, which makes it distinguishable from each other. The labels have the shop name right on the front as well as a picture of what the flavor of the balm should be. One small thing I don't like of the label is that the flavor of the balm is on the side of the tube (the thin side) instead of on the front so when I'm trying to reach for one and read the flavor I have to look for it.

Price: $3 per tube which is definitely a great price for a balm!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons: Wear gets a little oily

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. I really liked these balms! If you like balms that are scented like baked goods, you'll probably like these ones!

Ingredients: Castor Seed Oil,Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Soybean Lipids, Lauryl Laurate,Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, Flavor oil, Color

Have you tried these balms from Bungalow Bath & Body yet? What did you think of them?

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree Christina Bungalow Bath's Cake Batter Flavor is amazing! I haven't experienced the oiliness or slickness that you have though. Not sure if that's the norm or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I love it! My Bungalow balms always seem to be a little off with me, some will be really great in consistency and others will fall apart after some initial use. Don't know why that happens!

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. I've had that happen with some handmade balms- the top and bottom aren't the same consistency. It's like the oils weren't mixed properly or something.

    The Cake Batter sounds delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the worst? You go to put on lip balm and you end up with balm either all over your mouth or parts of it inside your mouth.

      The Cake Batter is wonderful! I'd definitely recommend it!

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...