Sunday, January 27, 2013

Balms of the Week 1.27.13

I hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday! I also hope that it's not too cold for you, wherever you may be since this week has been pretty chilly for some parts of the U.S. I'm happy I was able to beat the cold this year by moving to San Francisco, although I really do love the cold. Anyway, here are the balms I've been using this week!
ForGoodnessGrape's Strawberry Tangerine

Bag Lunch's Strawberry Lime Rickey

Ripe Shop's White Chocolate Coconut

Live Beautifully's Chocolate Strawberry

Live Beautifully's Chocolate Orange

Live Beautifully's Lime & Vanilla 
Funny story from this week, we had a bomb scare in our building on Wednesday (the bomb part is not the funny part). It seemed pretty serious since they cut off all the streets within a two block radius of our apartment building and bomb squad was called in. What was strange was although it seemed so serious, they didn't evacuate us or stop pedestrian traffic to our building (you could get to our building but not any further). Anyway, my boyfriend was at work freaking out that I was in the building and I kept trying to convince him I'd be fine, but he kept bugging me to leave so I finally did just to make him stop bothering me. As I'm finishing up my search for things to put in my purse to keep me occupied while I'm not in the apartment (books, iPad, etc), I almost leave without this balm, but then I made sure to turn around and grab it before heading out the door. Yes, even under the threat of a bomb, I made sure to have this particular balm on me. It's that good.

It seems that I've been in a Strawberry and Chocolate mood this week, probably because my mind still thinks Valentine's Day is next week. 

What type of balms have you been into this week?

**Don't forget to enter both my giveaways this week! Find my Softlips giveaway here and my PuurBody giveaway here!**

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's super scary that there was a bomb scare in your building! Too funny that you had to grab your whipped lip butter before you left though LOL! I probably would have done the same. ;)

    This week I have been using my Live Beautifully balms a lot as well, especially the Chocolate Orange. It's so good! I've also been using a lot of my Aqua Blossom balms. Also For Goodness Grape's Horchatta. Absolutely love that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought to myself "I must really have a problem if under the threat of a bomb, I went to grab my favorite balm".

      I love the Chocolate Orange from Live Beautifully! I haven't tried the Horchatta from ForGoodnessGrape, but now that you've mentioned it I can't stop thinking about it! I love my Ballyhoo Horchatta balm so much, it would be interesting to try someone else's version of it.

      --Christina

      Delete
    2. It's really good! My in-laws are Mexican and make Horchatta around Christmas and it is SO yummy and smells just divine! Lisa's balm smells exactly like the real stuff! It's on my list from Ballyhoo when they restock. I know you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. This week I have been using my Ginger Ale and Bunny balms from Crazy Rumors, Black Tea with milk and sugar from Skullery, Jack Frosting and Peppermint from Softlips, and Unicorn Farts, Macaroon, Yeti Breath, from LWF. And finally Pistachio Marshmallow, Vanilla Marshmallow, and Yellow Cake balms from Epic Soap!
    I need to purchase a Horchatta balm as well to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with all things pistachio lately! EE's Pistachio Marshmallow is amazing. So glad I got my hands on one!

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...