Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ripe Shop

I bought these balms during Black Friday, it's actually funny how it happened. My boyfriend and I were gearing up to head out for Black Friday, we didn't really have too much we wanted this year, but one thing was for sure, Etsy was on my list. I had already started purchasing some balms while we were getting ready to head out and I was posting on Twitter/Facebook as I was completing purchases when Adriana from Ripe Shop told me to try out her balms. In the madness that is Black Friday, I immediately looked at her shop and placed an order. I actually hit submit on my order on my phone while putting on a shoe as I was running out the door, it's quite silly what I can do while buying lip balm!

Company: Ripe Shop

Flavors: Mango, Pistachio Cream, and White Chocolate Coconut. The Mango balm smells wonderful! Very sweet and tropical, just like my favorite fruit! I've been kind of obsessed with pistachio balms ever since I was sent a LWF Pistachio Chip lip balm from one of my readers. So it only made sense for me to try Ripe Shop's Pistachio Cream balm. This balm smells very sweet and creamy and a little nutty. I love it! What I was really excited about was the White Chocolate Coconut, two of my favorite flavors in one balm? It's just got to be good! This balm is a rich white chocolate scent with warmly scented coconut blended into it, it smells so decadent!

Wear: These balms go on very, very smooth and creamy. They practically melt right into my lips. One or two swipes on top and bottom and you're good to go!

Packaging: These balms come in oval tubes that are the same weight as your average size lip balm. The labels are very plain and simple, white with a black font and has the name of the balm right on front.

Price: $4 per tube, which is not too bad for one of these balms.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists, these balms are amazing! I'd really recommend that you try at least one or two flavors, they're wonderful!

Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Avocado Oil, Cocoa & Shea Butters, Vitamin E, Flavor

Have you tried Ripe Shop balms before? What did you think of them?

**Don't forget to enter my Softlips giveaway here!**

8 comments:

  1. Last week I received my first order from Ripe Shop which included White Chocolate Coconut and just plain Coconut. I really like them! Try as I might though, I can't pick out the coconut through the white chocolate scent! Not a big problem though because it smells delicious anyway! I'm already eyeing a few more from that shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying your balms from Ripe Shop! I'm always eyeing a few more from her shop, I received my second order a couple weeks ago, and still I find myself wanting more!

      --Christina

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Christina!!! I actually use the mango and white chocolate coconut almost every day! Mango is in my purse and white chocolate coconut is in my desk at work. Yeah, the coconut is on the faint side I agree. It's just so hard to get a good coconut scent that permeates and stays well, it's always so subtle. I probably add more coconut than white chocolate in the mix when I make that one too! My new Indian Mango is really great too, has a touch of yogurt. Thanks again!!!! :) ~Adriana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Adriana! I can't stop using the White Chocolate Coconut, I keep it on my nightstand =). I saw your Indian Mango last night, I think that'll be one of the next ones I try!

      --Christina

      Delete
  3. Indian Mango is on my Wishlist! It sounds just amazing. Also the Pistachio Cream. Can't wait to place another order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pistachio Cream is wonderful! I want to try the Indian Mango and the Watermelon, both look and sound wonderful =).

      --Christina

      Delete
  4. I have the White Chocolate Coconut, Salted Caramel, and Chocolate Bacon All of which are wonderful! I will need to purchase the Indian Mango as well sounds awesome! And Adriana is wonderful to purchase from! She let me pre-order some stuff back during the holidays when she was out of stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet tried the Chocolate Bacon but the other two are amazing! The Indian Mango is next up on my wish list, along with her Watermelon balm. I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience working with Adriana =).

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...