Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Aubrey E. Apothecary's Winter Set

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I really love Limited Edition stuff. Especially in the form of a lip balm. So whenever I see limited edition balms, I know I have to have them. As soon as I had gotten my Aubrey E. Apothecary Fall Set, I already had my eyes on her Winter Set. I also saw that her Winter Set contained a White Chocolate Mint flavor and since most of you know by now, I'm absolutely obsessed with my Winter Frost balm from Little Batch (which is White Chocolate and Mint), I had to try it out to compare!

Company: Aubrey E. Apothecary

Flavors: Almond Biscotti, Cranberry Orange, Gingerbread Vanilla, Eggnog, and White Chocolate Mint. The Almond Biscotti has a very subtle almond scent which I love because almond scented products tend to be a little overbearing for me and makes my stomach turn a bit. The Cranberry Orange smells AMAZING. Very sweet and fruity and there is no guesswork to it, there's definitely cranberry and orange blended together to make one heck of a scent. The Gingerbread Vanilla smells lightly of gingerbread with just a hint of vanilla, it's perfect. The Eggnog balm smells incredible! It's spicy and creamy with just a little bit of sweetness, it's definitely on the stronger side of scents, but I love it! And last but not least, the White Chocolate Mint. This balm smells really good, it's definitely white chocolate mixed with peppermint, but I think my favorite is still Winter Frost from Little Batch, just by a little bit. If you like White chocolate or mint at all, this is definitely a balm for you to try!

Wear: These balms go on very smooth and creamy and are immediately soaked up by my lips. The White Chocolate Mint even makes my lips a little tingly which I love in a mint balm.

Packaging: The balms in this set come in oval lip balm tubes which are awesome because they really fit the contour of your lips. The labels have the shop name and lip balm flavor on the front. The lip balm flavors are printed in colored inks to match the flavor of the balm. These balms also come in a really cute box with a green ribbon as you can see in the picture above, it's really wonderful the care that went into packaging this set.

Price: This set is $17.75 which brings each individual balm to $3.55 a piece which really isn't too bad for a balm.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4 out of 5 twists. The balms in this Winter set were really wonderful! There's a combination of balms with really subtle scents and balms with some pretty strong scents. I'd definitely recommend trying an Aubrey E. Apothecary balm!

Ingredients: Beeswax, Sweet Almond Oil , Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Flavor oil

Have you tried Aubrey E. Apothecary balms before? Which flavor is your favorite? 

**Don't forget to enter my Softlips giveaway here!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...