Thursday, March 14, 2013

Summer ScentSations

I don't know why, but I can never call this shop by it's real name "Summer ScentSations" I always call it "Summer Scentsationals". Yeah, I'm weird like that I suppose. I had seen these balms a few times on Etsy and when they went on super sale, I just had to try them!

Company: Summer ScentSations

Flavors: Pina Colada, Orange Sorbet, Tangerine Tango, Grand Marnier and Apricot. The Pina Colada smells just like the tropical drink, it's a blend of fresh pineapple and warm coconut. The Orange Sorbet smells incredible and fills my nose immediately with the wonderful scent of orange sorbet. It smells more like orange sherbet (which is probably one of my most favorite things to eat straight out of the tub) and I honestly wish I could take a bite out of it! I can imagine the chill and citrus I usually experience when I eat orange sherbet. If you're a citrus lover, you HAVE to have this one in your collection! A wonderful, not crazy overpowering, citrus scent. Love this! The Tangerine Tango is a light citrus scent, so if a super distinct citrus scent isn't what you're looking for, this would be a more mellow balm for you to try! I've never had Grand Marnier and Apricot before, but my boyfriend says that the Grand Marnier and Apricot smells just like it should, but without the burn of alcohol. It's a mellow citrus scent blended with a light apricot scent.

Wear: These balms go on pretty smooth, sometimes I had to press a little harder to get it going, but once it's going, you're good! The coat my lips a little thicker than my usual balms which provides extra protection for my lips.

Packaging: These come in your average sized lip balm tubes that are white. The labels are colored to match the flavor of the balm, but since most of these are citrus based, they all of similar colored labels. This probably wouldn't occur usually with other people, but since I really like citrus balms, it was bound to happen to me.

Price: $3 a tube usually, I think I was able to get them for $1.25 a piece!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 twists, these balms are pretty darn great! I'd definitely be interested in trying some other, non-citrus, balms from them in the future.

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Avocado Oil, Flavour, Colour

Have you tried a Summer ScentSations balm before? Which one is your favorite?

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the new Spring flavors from Softlips here!**

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review. I'd have been happy to send you some others to try out - seeing you are a lip balm superstar! If you ever have a gap in your schedule in future and would like to try some of the other flavors, just let me know.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Deby! I will definitely let you know! I'm definitely interested in trying some of your other flavors, as soon as I get some openings in my schedule, I'll let you know =).

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...