Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Gnarly Whale Part II

After my last Gnarly Whale review, Ashley and Nathan, were so generous to send me three new balms to try!

Company: The Gnarly Whale

Flavors: Coconut, Lemon, and Banana. The Coconut is a light, warm tropical scent. It's not a crazy, punch-you-in-your-face scent so for those of you who like lighter scents, this is definitely one for you to try! The Lemon smells incredible! It's a very sweet and distinct lemony scent. You all know how much I love lemon anything, so this one was definitely a winner in my book! The Banana is another lovely balm. It smells like sweet, ripe, bananas. It's a little on the lighter side of scents, but still very lovely. A little while ago I was on a huge banana balm kick and this one was definitely a great balm to have for that.

Wear: The way these balms go on always throws me off, and it's mostly just because I can never remember. Okay, let me make that a little less confusing for you. When I first touch one of these balms to my lips, my mind thinks that it's a firmer balm, which makes me smoosh the tube into my lips and go over and over and over my lips. And then after like, my third time around, my mind is like "What the heck? Why did you put on SO much balm?!" So basically, my mind associates these balms with firmer balms which leads to me putting on way, way too much! These balms feel firmer, but they go on SUPER smooth and creamy. Like seriously, they sink right into my lips and provide a protective layer on top. And a little goes a LONG way with these guys! Don't overdo it like me!

Packaging: These balms come in your average sized black lip balm tubes. I know my last issue with the packaging of these balms was that the labels just didn't stick on and had to keep getting pressed down, only for them to pop up again. I'm happy to report that that issue has been resolved! The labels now stick beautifully to the tubes. I love the way these labels are designed, I love the chosen fonts and color scheme.

Price: $3.50 per tube which is definitely worth it!

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists. I really do enjoy these balms! The formula feels wonderful and the scents are always lovely! I saw that a some more flavors may be popping up soon, and I'm excited to try those! Like, really excited folks. You know I love shops that offer tons of different flavors to choose from. That always means there's a favorite for everyone. So go grab yourself a couple Gnarly Whale balms and give them a try!

Ingredients: Candelilla wax, mango butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e, grapefruit seed extract, flavor

Have you tried Gnarly Whale balms yet? What did you think of them?
------------------------
These balms were provided complimentary to me from Ashley and Nathan at The Gnarly Whale, however, all opinions are strictly my own. Thank you, Ashley and Nathan, for being so generous and sending me these lovely balms to try!

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the new Spring flavors from Softlips here!**

2 comments:

  1. I really like my gnarly whale balms! The only thing is since they are all the same color on the outside, it's difficult for me to remember which one is which?! I usually have to go through all of them to find my favorites :) But, that's not necessarily a bad problem to have.
    Celina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's the one thing I forgot to mention, maybe if where the flavor name was written it was colored differently for each flavor it would be better. It is a little difficult to find the one flavor you want when you have a bunch of them.

      --Christina

      Delete

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...