Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bunny Butt Apothecary

Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence, I was feeling really under the weather yesterday and basically just lounged around all day between napping and just feeling miserable and back to napping to avoid feeling miserable. I actually didn't even wake up today until after noon which was a first since I was probably in 8th grade! I absolutely loathe sleeping in that late, but apparently my body needed it. I'm feeling much better today, although still groggy and still feeling pretty blah and tired. I may be going back to sleep right after I crank out this post for you guys, trying not to though! Anyway, I've actually been meaning to try balms from this shop for a few years now and this year I decided to give them a shot! (I've also been trying a bunch of their other goodies; perfume, face stuff, lotion...I'll write about those later though.) I hope you guys enjoy!

Company: Bunny Butt Apothecary

Flavors: Mango Lassi and Lychee. The Mango Lassi smells of ripe mango, yogurt and just a hint of spiciness. If you've used a mango lassi balm before, you'll know what I'm talking about. This one is more lightly scented than other mango lassi balms I've used, but still strong enough that you can tell there's a scent. The Lychee may just be the most perfect lychee balm I've ever tried! I'm always looking for lychee and mango balms that really deliver and smell like the real thing, and this lychee balm is pretty darn close! It smells light, sweet, and fruity yet very subtly kind of has a floral scent as well. It's hard for me to describe the scent of lychee to someone if they've never tried it. But it's a delicious tropical fruit and I absolutely love eating heaps of it whenever I can get my hands on some!

Wear: These balms go on nice and smooth. They're pretty creamy, but still slightly on the oily side. They glide on really nicely and you only need about one swipe on top and bottom to get perfect coverage. To me they're kind of like the consistency of ForGoodnessGrape balms, but slightly more glossy. When I put on one of these balms next to a ForGoodnessGrape balm on the back of my hand you can tell Bunny Butt balms are definitely glossier.

Packaging: These come in your average sized lip balm tubes which are black. The color of the labels correspond to the flavor of the balm (yellow for mango, white for lychee). The flavors are also printed nice and big right on front.

Price: 2 balms for $7.50 or 3 for $11, either way it's a pretty good deal.

Overall
Pros: Flavors, Wear, Packaging, Price
Cons:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 twists. I'd definitely be interested in trying out a few more balms from this shop, they only carry about 10 flavors of balm so it probably wouldn't be hard to try them all =). If you've been eyeing this shop for a while like I was, I'd definitely say give them a shot!

Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) fruit butter, flavor, tocopherol (vitamin E)

Have you tried Bunny Butt Apothecary before? What did you think of their products?

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway for lip balm and an Etsy giftcard here!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for taking the time to comment, I love reading each and every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...